Information, Please - Cook's Corner in Manitowoc, WI | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Information, Please - Cook's Corner in Manitowoc, WI

Last post Jul 06, 2007 8:50 PM by Stimpy_WI_F_50 . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Information, Please - Cook's Corner in Manitowoc, WI
    Can anyone help me? A few years ago I read about Cook's Corner in Manitowoc, WI (the world's biggest kitchen store, supposedly) aand we planned to take a trip over there after we retired. Well, we're retired now but the information I can find says that Cook's Corner closed last September. Can anyone confirm or deny that? If it is gone, I'm really bummed!! Thanks for any help!
    False
    Stimpy Click for Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin Forecast
  • RE: Information, Please - Cook's Corner in Manitowoc, WI
    I'm sorry, but the store did go out of business. A new kitchen store opened in Appleton, Wi. It's called Jonathan's Cupboard and it's on Casaloma Drive near the Fox River Mall. It's a great store and has everything!
    False
    THANK YOU, Tudie! You've saved us a lot of miles - I'll check out Jonathan's for sure! I know where Casaloma Drive is - they used to have a craft store on Casaloma that had great stuff from crafters everywhere - called Country Crafts or something like that. That store is gone now too. We plan to go to Jonathan's Cupboard next week. Thanks again, Tudie!!
    False
    Why not go to Cook's Corner in Maine. It's not a cook store, but a restauant serving the freshest fish all the time.....just abou 1/2 hour above Portland. Don't know how it go its name.

Barb
    False
    Cook's Corner opened a second store there in Appleton, but shortly after that Cook's went out of business entirely and the Appleton store became Jonathan's Cupboard.

I just love their commercials. They have a gal on with the gadget of the week and she shows how it's used. I just drove past there this morning and wanted to stop, but ran out of time, darn it.
    False

This post was a day late for me.
    I was just in Appleton for a family funeral the last couple of days.
    Didn't know about Jonathan's Cupboard, but I did go to The Granary on Richmond Street for some bulk supplies for baking and cooking.
    I will have to keep this in mind the next time I go there.

Nancy Z.
    False
    Thanks for the new information, Ladies! Sorry, Barb, I don't see a trip to Maine any time in the near future but I'll keep it in mind...but we're going to Appleton on Monday and I'll let you know how the store was.

Linda
    False