How to make Bisquick pancakes? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How to make Bisquick pancakes?

Last post Jan 16, 2010 9:49 AM by Chloe's Mom . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • How to make Bisquick pancakes?
    The box got wet last time I made them and I tossed it. Only I don't have a new package yet and the website wont give me the measurements. Does anyone have the package who can tell me?

TIA
    False
  • RE: How to make Bisquick pancakes?
    Bisquick Pancakes

1 cup milk
    2 eggs
    2 cups Bisquick

Mix the milk and eggs and then mix together with Bisquick.

Makes 14 pancakes, 4-inches each
    False
    thanks quilter, all i could find was hungry jack and they don't call for eggs. and i know bisquick does... well, ah tryed!!!
    False

I add a couple teaspoons of sugar and a dash of lemon juice to my batter. I just think it makes them taste good.
    False

Rebecca

Oh interesting Rebecca...I add a couple teaspoons of sugar & a tsp or so of oil--also saw a recipe that called for a scant amount of baking soda.

Interesting variations here!!
    False

DO NOT REGRET GROWING OLDER.

IT'S A PRIVILEGE DENIED TO MANY.

Well, I just made them this morning and I added chocolate chips!
    False

Nature is the 'Great Mysterious' ... the religion before religions. Peter Matthiessen, Indian Country

I usually add a little vanilla
    False
     Photobucket
    I made the "ultimate melt-in-your mouth" fluffy ones this morning. Add 2 tsp of baking powder, 1 Tbl. sugar and 2 Tbl. lemon juice. They were fanfarkintastic!
    False
    I use 1 1/2 cups of buttermilk instead of 1 cup of milk. Lot's of interesting ideas here. Thanks.
    False
    Also, if you're trying to cut your cholesterol, you can skip the egg(s) and add a TB. or 2 of canola oil....I actually use skim milk alone w/o eggs or oil and they come out fine. Bisquick has a lot of fats in the mix so you really can cut back on oil and eggs. I don't even measure. If I just want to make a couple of pancakes I just dump the Bis. in a bowl and add enough milk to make the right consistancy...
    False
    Thank you very much! I just needed the basic recipe as I was making blueberry pancakes. I like the suggestions and might use them next time.
    False
    On my box the recipe for pancakes does not call for eggs at all, but the recipe for waffles does.
    False
  • Re: How to make Bisquick pancakes?

Cooking71,

You should write down this recipe for those times when you don't have a box of Bisquick on hand.  It's my family's favorite pancake recipe and so simple that my 12 year old granddaughter has been making these for several years.

Mix together: 2 Tbsp. oil, 1 egg, 1 1/4 cups milk, and 1 tsp. vanilla

Mix together and add to above mixture: 1 1/4 cups flour, 1/2 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. baking soda, and 3 Tbsp. sugar

Simple and delicious!

False