Where do you put your electric blanket? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Where do you put your electric blanket?

Last post Oct 14, 2007 11:17 AM by Jewel_Canada . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • Where do you put your electric blanket?
    I have what is called a warming blanket and I put mine under the sheet I lay on. This way when I hop into bed I am laying on something that is allready warm and toastie.
    False
  • RE: Where do you put your electric blanket?
    I have a twin sized electric blanket and it goes under my sheets too. It's the perfect size as DH gets too warm at night.
    False
    On my bed, lol.......
    False
    Linda
    I have had warming blankets (given to me as gifts over the years) and they've said NOT to use them in bed, like under other blankets (or under people (LOL) They are supposedly only to put around you, like sitting in a chair.

I've wondered where to put a regular electric blanket, like in the context of sheet, other blankets, etc. Should it be over the top sheet, nearest to the body? Sometimes you can feel the wires in them, and it gets too hot... Or, on top of another blanket with one over it (or bedspread)? Right now I have mine - top sheet, thin blanket, electric blanket and bedspread(heavy comforter) on top.

I've also heard not to lay ON them (unless they'd designed for this, like a bedwarmer, mattress pad idea) because it breaks the wires inside. Same with sitting on the bed, when there's one spread out on it (under other blankets).

I tend to sit on my bed, like to watch TV so keep the electric one folded down part way, until I get under the blankets.

False
    An electric blanket here and it goes on top of the top sheet. YOu aren't suppose to lay on one and it says that right in the warning label. My side is seldom turned on but DH is usually chilly so his is on already.
    False

http://mammascookin.blogspot.com/

I think there are ones made especially to lay on. Sort of like mattress pads?

I had one a long time ago, it was white, lightly padded, like a quilted mattress pad.

I think the one you don't use in a bed and just put around you (in a chair) are "warming throws"

Maybe it's just the names that are confusing in this. Maybe "warming blanket" is really a pad designed to go over the mattress and be laid on.

And the question is does it go under the bottom sheet? Seems like it would have to, unless you used it and no bottom sheet at all.

False
    I have one that is actually a electric mattress pad, and of course is the first thing on the bed, then the bottom sheet, a very light weight blanket and then the top sheet. I love it. I turn it on about 15 minutes before I go to bed on low, and my bed is nice and warm when I hop in.
    False
    I refuse to use one...because I had a very bad experience! I was taking a nap, laying on my tummy and I sort of woke up and heard something softly snapping and popping. I rolled over to look and there was a scorched hole the size of a pie plate. It didn't actually catch fire it just sort of scorched ...but still terribly scary!

Molly
    False
    I don't have one.
    False

The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one has to do. ~Barrie

Math is fun!

Click for Soldotna, Alaska Forecast

I would be afraid to use one. I like my Down comforter.
    False

catmint

Mine is in the trash... I too don't believe that they're safe.

False