I Need Some Ideas For Gross Halloween Things | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

I Need Some Ideas For Gross Halloween Things

Last post Oct 29, 2007 2:50 PM by ChocolateQueen . 24 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 12
  • I Need Some Ideas For Gross Halloween Things
    I am having a Halloween party for my Brownie Girl Scouts tomorrow evening and one of the things we are going to do is touch items in bags/boxes that feel like body parts or other gross things that would be on a witch's grocery list. I have quite a few things covered such as a brain, fingers, ears, skin, bat wings, rat toenails, maggots, veins, etc. but am trying to think of something that would pass as intestines, teeth and a heart. I tried to get some dried feed corn for the teeth but couldn't get any. Do you have any ideas for those items?
    False
  • RE: I Need Some Ideas For Gross Halloween Things
    peeled grapes make wonderful "eyeballs"*LOL*
    False

Old age ain't no place for sissies . -Bette Davis-
    Yeah I've got that on my list. LOL!! I just can't think of anything for a heart, teeth and intestines. I can't wait for this party! :o)
    False
    something that feels like snot. It would be hysterical with girls. They use to make the slime for ghostbusters but haven't seen it in years. No matter what this sounds like so much fun and great of you to come up with the ideas.
    False
    WEll, you can buy corn in the pet dept. at Walmart, most of the time. You might have to get Gerbil food, or sometimes they have whole ears of corn for the squirrells.

A heart, hmm, dough?

Unless you can find a big , not sure what they are called, in the toy dept. those squiggley icky feeling toys the kids love.
    False

catmint

you know the one they make, is a cylinder shaped, and it wiggles around?
    False

catmint

do you have a local butcher shop(a real butcher) they sell the "gut" for making sausage or hot dogs...

bread dough is a good one for heart...

I keep thinking can you make finger jello round? tube like ? that would work for guts!!!
    False

Old age ain't no place for sissies . -Bette Davis-
    If you know a kid that has one of the playdoh things that spit out dough in forms, that would be good for guts. not very slimy though. You could be vegetable oil on them.
    False

catmint

Oh yes I've got snot on my list too. LOL!! I have skin, eyeballs, tongues, veins, maggots, bat wings, snake tongues, rat toenails, fingers, brain and snot.

I will check at Walmart to see if they have the squirrel corn...great idea!

I was wondering about tofu...would it hold up to touching? Maybe I could shape it into a heart shape?
    False
    Tofu might work. I have never bought it, but, it looks hard.

What about a hunk of cheese?
    False

catmint

Some soft rubber tubing might work for intestines.
    False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

Back to the playdoh idea, you could make "ropes" for intestines and drizzle corn oil over them. Taking from ideas other posters suggested and combining them. LOL
    False
    A human heart is about the size of a closed fist. You could also use playdoh for forming one. Gonna need a lot of playdoh.

Does anyone know what ingredients from the kitchen could substitute for playdoh without it drying out?

There used to be a recipe for homemade playdoh, or when I was a child we called it clay.
    False
    Mr. WEENS BODY PARTS
    --------------------------------------

Objective: Cups are passed around in the dark filled with gross body parts (food) and you have to guess what it really is!

Categories:
    Halloween
    Game type:
    Active. A lot of movement may be required.
    Players:
    6 or more players.
    Needed: None

Rules: Ahead of time, prepare the cups that are described below. Have everyone sit in a circle. Pass out the paper and pencils and explain the guessing game. Then shut out the lights and start the story. You have to have the room dark so that people cannot see what's inside of the cups. The guests write down what they think is really in the cup. You'll want to briefly turn the lights on between each cup so that they can write their answers down. If the kids are really young (they can't write), then simply have each one guess what it is out load (but don't tell them what is really in the cups until the very end).

Story: "Once in this town there lived a man named Hal O. Ween. T'was years ago this very night that he was murdered out of spite. They say these are his remains.

Here is his brain, which now feels no pain. (a wet squishy tomato)
    Here are his eyes, still frozen with surprise. (two frozen peeled grapes or olives)
    Here is his heart. Be careful lest it start! (a large lump of uncooked liver)
    Now we have his hair, which once was so fair! (a handful of corn silk or wet fur or yarn)
    Feel these drops of his blood. All the rest turned to mud. (a little catsup thinned with warm water)
    One hand all alone, just rotting flesh and bone. (a damp plastic glove filled with red gelatin or ice)
    Now touch his ear. He nevermore will hear! (a dried apricot)
    This is his nose. T'will never smell a rose. (a pickle, a hot dog or a soft chicken bone)
    These worms are all that's left to feel. For them Brown was a lovely meal! (wet spaghetti)

After the lights back on and everyone has finished writing down their guesses, collect the paper
    False
    Love the Mr. Ween story!! LOL!! Hmmm...now I wonder if I could work it with the other items I have. I'll have to try to put my poet hat on. :o)
    False