For Far Side Fans | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

For Far Side Fans

Last post Mar 27, 2004 9:22 AM by Hadaplan . 15 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12
  • For Far Side Fans
    I have a few old desk calendars that I can't bear to part with, and I've scanned in some of my favorites. Here's one:

False
  • RE: For Far Side Fans
    Oh, please post more of these! Maybe you could have a daily post. I love and miss the Far Side.
    False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

That would be fun! I'll pick out some more of my favorites. I've got two or three of his books, too. Have you seen "Weiner Dog Art"? It's hilarious!
    False
    ROFL I love these!
    False
    My brother, who writes about cartoons and animation, knows Larsen. . .says he is exactly as strange as you'd expect him to be. . .
    False
    My favorite was the dog who leaned out the car window and told the other dogs, "I'm going to the vet to get tutored".
    False
    Granny, that was my all-time fave too!
    False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

I've got that one!
    False
    I love The Far Side. Right now if I turn my head 90° to the left I can see the March 2004 Far Side Calender on my wall. My favorite Farmer Brown and cow cartoon goes something like this: Those same two cows were in the kitchen of Farmer Brown's house and were snooping around. One of the cows is shown in front of the refrigerator with the top (Freezer) door open. She has kind of a non-plussed look on her face. He is holding a package that she had removed from the freezer. The caption said something like, "While Farmer Brown was away, the cows were having the time of their life until Betsy's unwitting discovery." The package she was holding and looking at was labeled "Beef". I am not sure, but I think that was from "Planet of the Cows" by Gary Larson. By all means, please post some more. I may even do that myself. Lord knows, I certainly have enough of them. I love The Far Side!
    False
    Granny and MissEllie...that too is one of my all-time favorites. The dog sticks his head out the car window and says, "Hey, Biff...I'm going to get tutored!"
    False
    Please start a Far Side thread, Gary Larsen is great!
    I have several calendars and books i cant part with.
    He has such a twisted sense of humor.
    Abby
    False
    "Midvale School of the Gifted" and "Bummer of a birthmark, Hal" are two of my favorites!!!

Love Far Side...
    False

Photobucket

I think a daily Far Side thread would be great! I can do it most days during the week, if someone else can do the weekends, or we could skip the weekends, I guess. I'll try to do that; heaven knows I have enough old Far Sides!
    False
    I totally miss the far side,
    False
    I too love the Far Side and will be looking forward to more of them. Thanks so much - we will have a good laugh each day.
    Ada.
    False