You're not going to believe what DH and I did last night... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

You're not going to believe what DH and I did last night...

Last post Apr 04, 2004 7:06 PM by tiredmommy . 15 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12
  • You're not going to believe what DH and I did last night...
    Last night, both of our kids had been invited to spend the night with their friends. Thinking that DH and I could have a wonderful evening to ourselves, I suggested a "few" things to him. (dinner, shopping, even going to a baseball game). Did we end up doing any of that?? NOOOOOO!!!! We spent the evening taking the toilet apart in one of the bathrooms that I just painted. DH took the tank part off so I could strip the wallpaper behing it, paint it, then sponge it. We topped the evening off by installing a medicine cabinet with a mirror. Yippy-skippy. What do you and your hubby do when you have a free night? (keep it clean, girls...)
    False
  • RE: You're not going to believe what DH and I did last night...
    How Romantic!!!!! lol. No wonder you have tiredmommy as your nickname.
    False
    sigh.. just about the same thing you two do! LOL
    Today while the kids were out, we installed a new door. Oh what fun!
    False
    What's a free night?? We've been watching grandkids, but if we have Tues. evening to ourselves I plan on taking him to see Walking Tall with the Rock!!

Paulette
    False
    LOL...we installed a hardwood floor in the bedroom that is soon going be his office!
    False
    We had a real hot date tonite. We went out for pizza, to Walmart and THEN to the carwash. Pretty hot time for two old foggies.
    False
    Last Sat the kids were at my Mom's and we were in desperate need of groceries, in a big way, so DH & I went grocery shopping on a "date". Much easier without the kids (much easier without DH, too). We did go out for supper first at least.
    False
    A free night?!! With 4 kids under the age of 12, you have GOT to be kidding! LOL

I can tell you what we do when they all go to sleep at a decent time but you said to keep it clean!

Amy
    False
    Well, I feel better after reading these responses. It reminds me that another time when the kids were gone, we ended up changing all the light bulbs in the house. Wow, I can hardly keep up with this pace...
    False
    You wild woman, you!
    False
    LOL these responses are funny. Amy, if you don't be careful, you're going to end up with 5 children. :-)
    False

We had 'free' time together this week as well.

He went around the house and replaced lightbulbs - inside and out. Then he replaced the dimmer switch in the master bathroom. Our house is 3850 sq. ft. so by the time he "checked" and replaced bulbs in all the bathrooms, outdoor fixtures, bedrooms, floor lamps, reading lights, etc. and did the dimmer switch, our time was up and the kids were home! LOL.

False
    This sounds like my house. Is he German?
    False
    We just get a hot choclate and ride around!! Aren't we just the fun type!!
    False
    Real party animals I tell ya. Both asleep on a normal night by 10, sometimes we even have the energy to stay up until 11, but not too often. I think people in nursing homes have more of a night life than we do. At least they know how to shout bingo!
    False