Anybody got a recipe using the new caramel bits? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Anybody got a recipe using the new caramel bits?

Last post Nov 18, 2012 6:22 PM by cac16 . 23 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 12
  • Anybody got a recipe using the new caramel bits?

I saw them at the store a few weeks ago and bought 2 bags.  Now I don't know what to make with them!

False
  • Re: Anybody got a recipe using the new caramel bits?

What are carmel bits? Who makes them?

False
    BLESSED ARE THE <CRACKED> “Life: Imagine the Potential” FOR THEY ARE THE ONES WHO LET IN THE LIGHT!!

Sorry, they are Kraft caramel bits.  I'm guessing they are just like little miniature caramels.  I guess you could use them in place of the big square ones.  Maybe they melt faster because they are small?  I don't know!  But when I saw them I bought 2 bags on impulse!  LOL!

False

Try making those peanut butter things and instead of pressing a hershey kiss in them put some of the caramel bits? Couldn't hurt to experiment.

False

I'm not psycho.....I just like psychotic things.

Adria's World

helpful hint

Great question! The Caramel Bits are new and are perfect for recipes. Here is the conversion:
    1 cup Caramel Bits = 25 Kraft Caramels

False
     Photobucket

Easy Caramel Pecan Brownies  

-->
    function gridRecipeExists(){ if (document.all['BasePageSummaryPlaceholderControl1__24b86c3b0b293ed3_GWSRecipePhoto1' + '_pnl'] != null) { document.all['BasePageSummaryPlaceholderControl1__24b86c3b0b293ed3_GWSRecipePhoto1' + '_pnl'].setAttribute("className", "cRecipeGridImage1"); }; }
    Prep Time:
    15 min
    Total Time:
    1 hr
    Makes:
    32 servings, one brownie each
    1 pkg. (19 to 21 oz.) brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
    1 pkg.  (11 oz.) KRAFT Caramel Bits
    1/3 cup whipping cream
    2 cups  PLANTERS Pecan Halves, divided

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Line 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Generously grease foil. Prepare brownie batter as directed on package; spread half of the batter into prepared pan. Cover remaining batter; set aside.

BAKE 20 min. or until top is firm to the touch. Meanwhile, microwave caramel bits and whipping cream in medium microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min., stirring every 30 sec. or until caramel bits begin to melt; stir until completely melted. Add 1 cup of the pecans; mix well. Spread over partially baked brownie; top with remaining brownie batter. (Some caramel may peek through batter.) Sprinkle with remaining pecans.

BAKE an additional 25 min. or until top is firm to the touch. Cool completely. Use foil handles to lift dessert from pan before cutting to serve. Store in covered container at room temperature.

False
     Photobucket

Caramel Crunch Bars

4-1/2 graham crackers
    1 pkg. (11 oz.) KRAFT Caramel Bits
    2 Tbsp. milk
    1/2 cup cocktail peanuts
    1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
    1/2 cup coarsely crushed pretzels
    4 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted

LINE 8-inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Spray with cooking spray. Place graham crackers on bottom of pan, cutting to fit if necessary.

MICROWAVE caramel bits and milk in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until caramel bits are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring every 30 sec. Pour over graham crackers; top with peanuts, marshmallows and pretzels. Drizzle with chocolate.

REFRIGERATE at least 1 hour. Use foil handles to remove dessert from pan before cutting into bars to serve.

False
     Photobucket

From Kraft's website:

Praline Bars  

Makes:
    32 servings, 1 bar each

3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
    1 cup  sugar, divided
    1 tsp. vanilla, divided
    1-1/2 cups  flour
    2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
    2   eggs
    1/2 cup toffee bits
    3 Tbsp.  caramel ice cream topping

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Beat butter, 1/2 cup of the sugar and 1/2 tsp. of the vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour, beating on low speed after each addition until well blended. Press firmly onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake 20 to 23 min. or until lightly browned.

BEAT cream cheese, remaining 1/2 cup sugar and remaining 1/2 tsp. vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; mix well. Stir in toffee bits. Pour over crust. Drop teaspoonfuls of the caramel topping evenly over cream cheese mixture. Cut through batter several times with knife for marble effect.

BAKE 30 min. or until center is almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate several hours or until chilled. Cut into 32 bars to serve. Store leftover bars in tightly covered container in refrigerator.

False

Hey, I bet they would be perfect for making turtles.

False
    BLESSED ARE THE <CRACKED> “Life: Imagine the Potential” FOR THEY ARE THE ONES WHO LET IN THE LIGHT!!

Peachy, I bought those at Christmas and put them in a chocolate cake.   I always line my cake pans with waxed paper.  The caramel bits all sunk to the bottom of the cake and stuck to my paper.    I peeled it off and there went all my bits.    I haven't tried anything else with them.

There are recipes on the bag, so they must be suitable for something.

False

I saw those recipes on the Kraft website.  The crunch bars look good, but the praline recipe doesn't even have caramel bits in it?

I was thinking of some kind of cookie.  Or maybe a blonde caramel brownie!

False

I used a recipe on the package.  Don't even remember what it was.  Seems like it turned out good, though!

False

I threw some in some brownies a few weeks ago.  I didn't like them at all.  But that's just me....

False

JoMom

Peachy, I bought those at Christmas and put them in a chocolate cake.   I always line my cake pans with waxed paper.  The caramel bits all sunk to the bottom of the cake and stuck to my paper.    I peeled it off and there went all my bits.    I haven't tried anything else with them.

Did you toss them with flour before adding them to the cake batter? I know you're supposed to do that with raisins.

False

I'm not psycho.....I just like psychotic things.

Adria's World

You could use them in this pie and it would save time from unwrapping all of those caramels! That is always the worse part of the pie.  

Gaudrey’s Caramel Pecan Pie

36 Milk Caramels, unwrapped (Kraft Brand Preferred) [substitute 1 1/2 cups Caramel bits]
    1/4 Cup Water
    1/4 Cup Butter
    3/4 Cup Sugar
    3 Eggs, Beaten
    1/8 Teaspoon Salt
    1 Teaspoon Vanilla
    1-1/2 Cups Chopped Pecans
    1 10-Inch Deep Dish Unbaked Pie Shell

Melt caramels, water, and butter together over medium low heat until smooth, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Combine sugar, eggs, salt, and vanilla. Add to caramel mixture and blend well. Stir in nuts and pour into pie shell. Bake at 350º until a knife come out clean when inserted near the center, about 45 to 50 minutes.

False