Jello gelatin cool whip layered dessert | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Jello gelatin cool whip layered dessert

Last post Jan 28, 2008 6:26 PM by sstetzel . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Jello gelatin cool whip layered dessert

Dh is hungry for the layered jello and cool whip dessert.  Does anyone know how many boxes of Jello to an 8 ounce tub of cool whip and does the cool whip need to be thawed?

TIA!

False

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
    Dr. Seuss
  • Re: Jello gelatin cool whip layered dessert

1 box of jello to the 8 oz container & 1.5 cups of boiling water - I wouldn't think the cool whip needs to be thawed, you stir it in till it melts anyway.

This is the actual recipe:

3 cups boiling water
    1 pkg. (8-serving size) or 2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O Brand any Berry Flavored Gelatin
    1 tub (16 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed

STIR boiling water into dry gelatin mix in medium bowl at least 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add whipped topping to hot gelatin; stir with wire whisk until whipped topping is completely melted and mixture is well blended. (Mixture will be thin.)
    POUR into 10 glasses, or a 6-cup mold, or a glass bowl sprayed with cooking spray.

True

Online Community / Field Editor Manager

Feel free to reach out to me anytime!

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sue.stetzel@RD.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

Bless you  sstetzel!  I knew someone here would have it!  Thanks so much.

False

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
    Dr. Seuss

My youngest just loves it!  I google it everytime I want it though!  I put fruit in it too, but it doesn't set firm when I do.  Then it's Jello slop, LOL.

True

sstetzel :  You have to let the jello partially set before you put the fruit in.  Strawberries, watermelon, anything with a water content would not work well.

False

I don't have any issue with regular jello setting up, it's just this "magic" Jello that doesn't seem to like fruit.  I'm not entirely sure that the fruit is completely drained, if I was making it for anyone other then the children that inhale it (I'm not sure they even stop to check & see if it's edible) I would pay more attention to detail.

Thanks for hint though!

True