Do You Like the Green Spanish Olives...the ones stuffed with Pimento?? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Do You Like the Green Spanish Olives...the ones stuffed with Pimento??

Last post Feb 08, 2008 11:31 AM by oeg1kallee . 19 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 12
  • Do You Like the Green Spanish Olives...the ones stuffed with Pimento??

I like both black olives and the green ones....but today I asked my hubby to buy me a small jar of the green with the pimentos.

Well, I didn't know what brand to tell him....and so he bought the store brand (Kroger) of the salad type...a great big jar that aren't as nicely processed I guess you would say as some others...I figure these have a chance...or danger of having a pit or two...He bought the large jar, because as he put it....these were the same price as the smaller jars, and no difference as to the product, lol....well, there must be a little difference or the price wouldn't be the same, lol....No use telling him, so I'll just have to be careful when I eat them to make sure not to bite down on a bit....crunch...

Anyway, I didn't think to tell him Not to buy Kroger brand, because I think they are a little more bitter than other brands... 

What brand of green olives do you buy....and do you think one brand is better than another.....or all the same?

Thanks,

Barbara 

False
  • Re: Do You Like the Green Spanish Olives...the ones stuffed with Pimento??

I like green better than black, but will eat both.  I don't like pimientos, so wish they'd leave them out.  I buy Kroger or other store brands.  They taste fine to me.  I've never found a pit in them. 

False

I usually buy Kalamata olives, rarely green ones. However, there are some green ones at the deli that are stuff with pickled garlic cloves and others that are stuffed with bleu cheese -- YUM!

The only olives I don't like are those yucky black ones that are canned. Eeeuuuwww! Too bitter!

False

I think the last jar we bought at Christmas was Mario's.  They were good.  We don't buy the cheapie brands, because they aren't as good.  Love the black ones, too. 

When DH was a little boy, he drank all the juice from a jar of green olives----he said he got so sick!   LOL

False
    1. Click for Rochester, Minnesota Forecast    

How do they get the pimentos in if the pits are still there?  One of the many reasons I love martinis is for the olives!  If you want a real taste treat try one stuffed with almonds. Absolutetly addictive. Kroger brand is fine. So is Del Monte.  I buy them by the gross at our local dollar store. I also love Kalmata's....Greek Olives. Wonderful in cooked dishes.

False

Is there a greater fault than being conscious of the other person's faults?

Kahlil Gibran

I never met an olive I didn't like! I buy all kinds, but recently got some large black olives at Kroger because they were $1 per can.

I like Larobi's pizza in St. Alban's MMWV. They put green or black olives on pizza, ( like the green) but their pizza is just so good. I usually only have olives as a snack plain or on pizza or salad.

False

Rebecca

Roma_

How do they get the pimentos in if the pits are still there?  One of the many reasons I love martinis is for the olives!  If you want a real taste treat try one stuffed with almonds. Absolutetly addictive. Kroger brand is fine. So is Del Monte.  I buy them by the gross at our local dollar store. I also love Kalmata's....Greek Olives. Wonderful in cooked dishes.

Roma,  these that he bought...are called salad olives...and I think they are what you might call...'odds and ends' ....after they go thru the processing, and the best, more perfect ones are packed...maybe these are the ones left behind....some are not a whole olive, there is some pimento out of the olive, and some olives got through without a pimento being stuffed in, lol.....these that he bought are just not first rate I guess you'd say when they were processed.  Other than that, I guess they are the same.

I noticed someone saying they don't like the black olives because of bitterness....but to me I think black has a mellow taste...sort of a smooth taste....not at all bitter, lol...I guess that's how it is with everything...it's just a matter of our individual tastes.

Barbara 

False

Rebecca, that's what I plan to put these olives on....well, actually I wanted them just to snack on, lol....but hubby bought a new DiGiorno's.pizza the other day called DiGiorno's Ultimate Fresh  Pizzeria Pizza....only he just bought 4 cheese pizza...which he said that's all he saw.  So now, we're going to doctor it up a bit. We're also probably put onions, a few slices of pepperoni, and some black olives on also.

Barbara 

False

I buy them at Traders Joes.. get the HUGE ones stuffed with garlic cloves or blue cheese.. they are beyond wonderful!!! and so good ina martini!!!(think this is why I have never met a martini I wasn't in love with!!)

False

Old age ain't no place for sissies . -Bette Davis-

We like both... However with the Black olives I stuff them with Philly Garden vegetable cream cheese or Tuna salad,  My Favorite neice used to eat the black olices by sticking her fingers in them and eating them one at a time.. 

False

I buy salad olives all the time. they are the broken ones and I use them in cooking and things like egg and olive sandwiches.

I have never come across a pit in any of them, but I suppose it could happen.

We don't have Krogers here, but I usually buy the store brand if it is available.  Sorry you didn't like the taste. I guess not all olives are created equal. 

Barbara 

False

Loosenut_IN

We like both... However with the Black olives I stuff them with Philly Garden vegetable cream cheese or Tuna salad,  My Favorite neice used to eat the black olices by sticking her fingers in them and eating them one at a time.. 

Loosenut, that sounds good...to stuff with the veg. cream cheese.  I don't think I've ever had the Garden Veg. cream cheese...might have to try it.  I also have some black olives, lol.

I believe I've seen kids stick olives on their fingers like that......or maybe it was me, lol.

Barbara 

False

I buy the salad olives to mix with cream cheese.  I buy the "non" salad olives if I'm doing a platter of olives.  I like all olives except the ones stuffed with blue cheese.

False

The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one has to do. ~Barrie

Math is fun!

Click for Soldotna, Alaska Forecast

I don't like olives...ick......!Ick!

Just wanted to say hi!Right Hug

False