Besides sloppy joes, what do you make with Manwich | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Besides sloppy joes, what do you make with Manwich

Last post Feb 20, 2008 8:51 AM by Fryegirl59 . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • Besides sloppy joes, what do you make with Manwich

My family will only eat taco's if they are made with manwich.   We put chedder cheese in the bottom of the taco,  the meat and more cheese and then bake it in the oven until the cheese is all melted. 

False
  • Re: Besides sloppy joes, what do you make with Manwich

Good idea!

I don't use it myself because I like doing things from scratch...but you could also use it in chili, 

False

Manwich was on sale about 10 years ago, so I made it up for my kids. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise, at the price they demand for it. The kids turned up their noses at it, saying (their words, not mine) that if they'd wanted THAT much sugar, they'd have poured straight ketchup onto the meat. I hadn't tasted it in years, so I tried it...GEEZ, it's ALL sugar!!! And I was planning on finding other uses for it.....I haven't bought a can of it, since.

ViolaB 

False

Unopened, it could be used as a make-shift weight for your workout session.

False

"Wit is educated insolence." Aristotle

Nothing because we think its nasty. Only homemade sloppy joes for us.

False

Google it and see what comes up.  Seems I saw a recipe for a meatloaf made with it.

False

I use it, I make a sloppy joe casserole with it.  I've never made sloppy joes from scratch, which is surprising considering most everything else I do.  Would love a good recipe to try..post one!

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

I am not really fond of the Manwich brand, it is not the same as it used to be. I prefer the Delmonte brand, most everyone that I have told about it likes it a lot better as well. Since these days I cook for just the 2 of us, I've made sloppy joes a few times when I wanted a quick meal. I throw in some frozen peppers (green, yellow and red) and some onions with the ground beef and simmer for about 20 minutes on low. You could add some pasta and top with cheese for a quick pasta dish (call it something creative like sloppy goulash).

False

I don't care for Manwich.  Too sweet for us.  I use tomato soup to make sloppy joes. 

I also use one can of Chicken Gumbo to one pound of hamburger drained.  Simmer for about 20 minutes covered.  This makes a type of sloppy joe. 

False
    1. Click for Rochester, Minnesota Forecast    

sstetzel

Would love a good recipe to try..post one!

sstetzel, here's mine, except that I don't measure anything, so it's just the ingredients:

diced onion fried in with the ground meat

ketchup and water to make a sauce

worcesteshire sauce

a little sweet relish and a little brown sugar

Heat to boiling, then reduce heat and simmer until it thickens. We really like this recipe.

False
    To speak of "mere words" is much like speaking of "mere dynamite." --------French Philosopher CJ Ducasse

I think it is too sweet also. I have used it instead of chili sauce for meatballs, and as a topping for meatloaf.

False

Rebecca

My DIL makes goulash with it.

Sorry, but.......Gag! Can't even imagine it.

False
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says... 'Oh ***....she's awake!!!