Frito Lay discontinued my favorite chips! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Frito Lay discontinued my favorite chips!

Last post May 17, 2009 12:28 AM by pepsiguydrinkcoke . 20 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 12
  • Frito Lay discontinued my favorite chips!
    • Crying [:'(]

For a couple months I have been looking for the Dill Pickle Lays.  Couldn't find them anywhere and I finally called Fritos customer service and found out they had been discontinued!  I told them to bring them back - the reason I didn't buy more was that once I started eating them, I couldn't stop.  They went great with Diet Coke.  Now they think I'm nuts!  Did anyone else like these?  Probably not, as low sales are almost always a reason a company delists a product.  Maybe I'll lose a few pounds now...

False
  • Re: Frito Lay discontinued my favorite chips!

Thats makes me sad, I really liked those.

False

I just saw an ad for them not 10 minutes ago. They must not be selling south of the border. And I think they'd have pulled the ad if they were not being manufactured here....

ViolaB 

False

Odd; but I've never seen or heard of them here in So Cal. I like plain Fritos, and they have hot and bbq flavors, but no dill pickle. I wonder if its a regional thing, or they're only sold in certain areas?

False

"Wit is educated insolence." Aristotle

oh man... those were soooooooo good!!!

False

Old age ain't no place for sissies . -Bette Davis-

I put them on tuna sandwiches, I order from Frito for my store will ask next time I order.

MC

False

If the spirit moves you, you can call and inquire about the Dill Pickle Lays potato chips too.  I think it would take thousands of calls to bring them back, but unless you let a company know you miss something, you never even have a chance of seeing that product again. 

Do not select the options with your phone that the automated answer gives you right off the bat.  Press 0 and speak to a real person.  Here's the number:  1-800-352-4477  9am - 4:30pm CST.  - Paige

False

I rarely eat chips, but when I do, it's either the dill pickle flavor or the salt and vinegar. I am sure that you will be able to find a substitute made by a local or regional brand. For us in the Upper Midwest, Old Dutch makes these yummy flavors.

False

I've never seen nor heard of them!

I know someone who works for Frito, I'll have to try to remember to ask him about them.

False

DO NOT REGRET GROWING OLDER.

IT'S A PRIVILEGE DENIED TO MANY.

Darn it!  Now I have to go get my bag of Dill Pickle chips!  They are open in the pantry.  I think Canadians eat a lot of Dill Pickle and Salt and Vinegar, I sure dont' see them discontinuing them any time over here!

False

Renee, I think we Californians are out of the loop. Frito must think we don't like dill pickles.

False

"Wit is educated insolence." Aristotle

I don't think I've seen them either (I'm another Californian), but I don't generally like flavored chips.  I like the 1/3 less fat Ruffles.

There are some alderwood smoked chips that I like too.

False

So what?  Big deal.
    --Closing lines of Buckaroo Banzai Beyond the 8th Dimension, AND of my childhood mix tapes.

Aashlee

For us in the Upper Midwest, Old Dutch makes these yummy flavors.

*sigh*  I miss Old Dutch potato chips--and the commercials "Old Dutch comes in the pack with the windmill...da da..."

False
    "...good things come to those who wait. True, but unless you're making a souffle or catching the bus, better things come to those who do something."--Amy Alkon demotivational posters
    see more

Around here, many brands make the dill pickle variety.

False

Rebecca

WashingtonChou

Aashlee

For us in the Upper Midwest, Old Dutch makes these yummy flavors.

*sigh*  I miss Old Dutch potato chips--and the commercials "Old Dutch comes in the pack with the windmill...da da..."

Hey, I remember those commercials! Those neurons are really firing up now!

If you have to have a potato chip, Old Dutch makes a fine one.

False