Do I need to get a gift for an Eagle Scout? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Do I need to get a gift for an Eagle Scout?

Last post Mar 12, 2008 2:04 PM by jellyjams_PA . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • Do I need to get a gift for an Eagle Scout?

We were invited to our neighbors Eagle Scout ceremony. Do people bring gifts for that and what do I get?

False

Every day I’m shufflin’

• Re: Do I need to get a gift for an Eagle Scout?

I gave money, it's a pretty big accomplishment for a kid these days. 

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

How wonderful!!!!!

The ones we have gone to we take something.  Some people don't though.  It isn't necessarily a party to get gifts.  It's to be recognised for the hard work it took to make eagle.  When my nephew made eagle I gave him throw with an eagle on it.  He used it on his bed.  We usually go up to the Scout hut and get something.  Could be a Eagle coin, a ball cap, a tie tac.  iIf there is a scout store in the area you could get something there.  Or a coin set from 2008.  Or you might see a statue or something with an eagle on it. 

Congratulation from a fellow Scouter!!!!

False
    License

When our son was an Eagle Scout, he got lots of different gifts. Some gave money, some gave commemorative coins, gift cards, photo albums, just all different gifts. Not everyone gave a gift and we certainly didn't ask for gifts but so many gave gifts for him achieving such an honor. If you have a local scout store, there are lots of nice Eagle Scout gifts available.    MarineMom

False

Land of the Free....because of the Brave Click for Fort Worth, Texas Forecast

Proud Field Editor for Taste of Home for 16-1/2 years.

A gift isn't really necessary.  But attending his Court of Honor shows your respect and approval of his achievement. 

False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

My grandson received lots of cards, some gift cards, money and gifts, including a cooler and camping gear since he loves to camp out. It is quite an honor, and a lovely ceremony.

False

When my DGS made Eagle he received both cards and gifts.  It is not necessary to give gifts of either money or other kind but it is such a big deal it is nice to at least give a card.  I'm so proud of him and my DD as she was his scout master thru out his whole scouting time and now she will be starting with her grandson!

Beth

False

I gave a gift card to the local book store for the young man I know who was an Eagle Scout.

False

I believe that no gifs should ever be "expected". In this case, my son is  now working on his Eagle. TBH, it is a rear achievement these daysso if you want to show his that, go for it. You can give a gift of money, or there are many things that you can buy from the Scout store that are for Eagle. A final option is to donate to the Troop or become a Friend of Scouting in his name. 

False

When my DS made Eagle many years ago he also received many cards and gifts which we certainly didn't expect. I remember one thing he got was a folding fly rod from our pastor. There was a reception after the ceremony for the scouts that made Eagle which we parents put on. Don't feel pressured to give a gift, it's up to you.

Elizabeth

False

How about a Leatherman?  It's kind of one step above a Swiss Army knife.  Folds into itself and has pliers, knife, screwdriver, and many other useful tools.  Comes with a case that slides onto a belt.  Lots of models to choose from...

False

My son got eagle when he was 16. It is a huge honor, i do believe you should at least honor the scout with at least a nice card but if you can do more, cash is great always, he also got giftcards, he would not have been too thrilled with coins to be honest......congrads to the scout!!

False

When each of my nephews made Eagle Scout, my sister requested no gifts to the boys (other than our presence at the Court of Honor), but if we wanted to give something we could make a donation to the troop in their name. 

False
    To speak of "mere words" is much like speaking of "mere dynamite." --------French Philosopher CJ Ducasse