Lime Away vs. CLR??? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Lime Away vs. CLR???

Last post Jan 09, 2014 2:39 PM by maggymae . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Lime Away vs. CLR???

We have hard water and I purchased a bottle of Lime Away for a few things in the bathroom. Namely the shower head and under the tub faucet. I was not impressed with it. Is CLR any better?

False
  • Re: Lime Away vs. CLR???

We have really hard water with a lot of rust( even with a water softener and an iron filter). I use The Works in the tub and the sink,and their toilet bowl cleaner. Its amazing. I also spray some of the tub cleaner on the faucets and the shower head. It works great. After it dries,I spray a mixture of vinegat and water on the faucets and the showerhead to shine them up.Smile

False

I have used them both and CLR is better.

False

May you never forget to remember what is worth remembering, nor ever remember what is best forgotten.                                                                                         

The works toilet cleaner works well, but the bathroom cleaner left a film on my tub. Buy yourself some Lemme shine, it's in the dishwasher section at Walmart.  It's a powder, mix it with water & soak your shower head in it.  It'll be like new and it's all natural!

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

A local consumer program did a little research....

Do you know what the active ingredient in CLR is?

That's right...just plain ole vinegar.

And how much does that little bottle cost in comparison to a similar sized bottle of vinegar? 

ViolaB 

False

Vinegar has much less acidic acid in it than CLR which is a concentrate, you only need a cup full in a washing machine full of water. I don't think a cup of vinegar in a washing machine full of water would do the trick. It will work for soaking a shower head because that is just a small piece to clean. To do a washing macjhine you would most likely need a 3 qrt bottle of vineagr instead of 1 cup of CLR.

False

I've had success with neither of them.  Have let the shower head soak in white vinegar and it seemed to help somewhat.  So far, the best thing I've found for hard water marks is rubbing the area with a pumice stone.  

False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

Thanks, but is that white or red (cider) vinegar?  Tacook

False

CLR is composed of: Lactic acid, gluconic acid, lauramine oxide, propylene gkycol.

look up the msds

not just vinegar

False

We have extremely hard water and CLR works the best for me.  Especially on the stainless steel sink which really seems to show the hard water spots.  I use the spray bottle kitchen and bath formula.  Still takes a lot of scrubbing though.  I think over the years I've tried just about everything.

False