fresh pineapple ?'s- picking, storing, cutting | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

fresh pineapple ?'s- picking, storing, cutting

Last post May 20, 2008 8:26 PM by bdett . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • fresh pineapple ?'s- picking, storing, cutting

I bought a fresh pineapple today for the first time.  Hopefully it's sweet since I wasn't sure of the proper way to pick a ripe one.   I don't need it til Friday evening, so is it OK to keep it on the counter until I'm ready to cut it?   Now, how do I go about cutting it?   I kinda figured I'd use a sharp knife and cut off the outside, but I wasn't sure about the rest.  Is the whole inside edible? 

False
  • Re: fresh pineapple ?'s- picking, storing, cutting

I have bought them and let them sit for a few days.. Picking them out is just a good guess for me.  I have a thing that you put down in pineapple after you cut the top off and turn it around and it brings out the center with no waste.. I dont know what you would call it.. QVC sells them but I picked mine up at Bed-Bath and Beyond for about $10... my DH usually does it and it makes it so much eaiser...  Hope this helps..  bdett

False

Is the core edible?  I'll just be using a knife, not a corer.

Thanks.

False

I always cut the core out as it really isn't edible. Sometimes I slice the pineapple in rounds or cut it into bite size pieces. Here is a link showing how to cut a pineapple. Hope this helps.

http://www.howtocutapineapple.com/ 

False

Land of the Free....because of the Brave Click for Fort Worth, Texas Forecast

Proud Field Editor for Taste of Home for 16 years.

Well with this gadget the core stays in and the pinapple comes out in rings and you can cut it to your liking... then put in fridge..  I really enjoy the fresh pinapple better than the canned.. bdett 

False