Cracker Barrel's Blackberry Cobbler | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Cracker Barrel's Blackberry Cobbler

Last post Jun 29, 2013 8:16 PM by Pennygreene . 21 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 12
  • Cracker Barrel's Blackberry Cobbler

A friend and I recently went to Cracker Barrel and had dessert and coffee.  She ordered the blackberry cobbler and I ordered the strawberry icebox pie.  My definition of icebox pie is a chilled pie, but what I got was frozen solid with ice crystals on it.Tongue Tied

Her cobbler was basically a bowl of (what looked like) warm blackberry jam with ice cream on it.  No crust at all!  She told the server she didn't have any crust and he said there wasn't any crust in their cobbler.  We were both surprised, and she said "what do you think cobbler is?".  He acknowledged that cobbler has a crust of some kind, but thought it was "common knowledge that our cobbler doesn't have any crust."Indifferent  She sent it back and asked for an apple dumpling.

Have you ever eaten the cobbler at Cracker Barrel?  We thought a place that specializes in southern food would serve a true southern style cobbler, so what is the cobbler like at other Cracker Barrel restaurants? 

False
    For in the final analysis, our most basic common link, is that we all inhabit this small planet, we all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's futures, and we are all mortal. - John F. Kennedy Click for Manassas, Virginia Forecast
  • Re: Cracker Barrel's Blackberry Cobbler

MuffinMom, I have never had Cracker Barrel's cobbler, I always get their Peanut Butter Pie (delicious) and it definitely has a crust.

I agree with you, every cobbler I ever saw had a crust.  IMO, it is not a cobbler without it.

False

We've had their cobbler and it's had crust. It's been a long time so maybe they';ve changed it but it definately was a normal cobbler. 

False

Muffin, my daughter is working at a Cracker Barrell, so I'll ask her about it.

We ordered a sugar free blackberry cobbler from a local diner yesterday, and there was no crust. I ask DH how it tasted, and he said, "It's ok, but not as good as your cobbler!" lol .... I definitely make mine with a crust.

False

Thank you for your comments ladies.  I have never had cobbler without crust, nor have I ever seen a recipe that doesn't have a crust.

BFC...Thanks.  I would be interested in what your daughter says.  Millie and I think someone screwed up and the guy was full of baloney. LOL

False
    For in the final analysis, our most basic common link, is that we all inhabit this small planet, we all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's futures, and we are all mortal. - John F. Kennedy Click for Manassas, Virginia Forecast
    I have never eaten cobbler at CB.  We enjoy most things on their menu but  we do not like their biscuits. When we eat breakfast there we order toast with the meal.
    False

How can they call it cobbler without any sort of crust?  Should be listed on the menu as "Warm Blackberry Jam in a Bowl a la mode".  

You should go online to CB's website and see if it's possible to leave customer feedback. 

False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

what is cobbler if there is no crust? it doesn't sound right to me.....I have never ordered dessert from CB because we are always to full by the time we finish our meals! LOL!

False

my blog! www.jillshomecooking.blogspot.com

Been a big fan of TOH since I was a young teenager!!! I was sooooo excited to be asked to become a Volunteer Field Editor in June 2013!!

Blackberry cobbler is our very favorite dessert at CB & it always had a crust on it. I sure hope that they didn't change it!

Patty

False

A cobbler without any crust!!!???  Geesh - that is so "unAmerican!"  Never had a cobbler without any crust - but I certainly would like the recipe for a blackberry cobbler - with a crust!  Now that sounds yummy!!!

~TSZ

False

It's definitely not the "traditional" recipe, but a simple cobbler recipe is to melt 3/4 stick of butter in a medium sized baking pan.  In a bowl mix 1 c. of milk, 1 c. of sugar and 1 c. of flour and whisk until smooth.  Add 1/2 tsp. of vanilla.  Pour this over the butter.  Then top with fruit, about 2 cups.  We like lots of fruit!  Bake at 350 until lightly browned.  Good eats!

False

Sounds great OBB!  Thanks!

Maybe I should forward your recipe to the Cracker Barrel! LOL

False

Here's the photo from their website.  Hard to tell, but it looks like there is some crust there.

False

JustCookin_AL
    we do not like their biscuits

Ditto on that....their biscuits suck and their corn muffins are so damn dry they could put the Sahara to shame.  Maybe thats just around here tho. Never had dessert there. Too full!

False
    Roen If you won't stand up for our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!
    The Cracker Barrel near us has delicious blackberry cobbler. It has a crust, comes warm with vanilla bean ice cream on top,
    False