Pet stores at the flea market | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Pet stores at the flea market

Last post Jul 14, 2008 2:18 PM by whiteflower_pa . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • Pet stores at the flea market

We have this big indoor/outdoor flea market near my house. There are 2 permanent indoor booths with dogs. It upsets me every time to see those poor little puppies, knowing that most likely they come from puppy mills. They are tiny dogs in tiny cages. The people ask EXTREMELY high prices for them. I don't understand why anyone would pay $500 to $1000 on a puppy at a flea market!  You don't know where they came from, how they've been treated, etc.   Also, I noticed yesterday that one has a big sign that says "Registered puppies", then it says CKC registered. What is CKC?

Mainly it just makes me sad to these little puppies and think about where they come from :(

False
  • Re: Pet stores at the flea market

How terrible!  Plus the weather where you live is usually hot this time of year!  Could you call some animal protection agency and complain...I think I would give it a try.  Tree ~ some people are just so dreadful when it comes to gread for a buck, little animals, dencency and common sense.

I'm with you 100% on this one, I can't hardly bare to think about it!

Molly  

False

The inside flea market has a/c..in fact the little chihuahuas looked cold :(

I just did some web searching and found the owners of one of the places there. They have a HUGE list of breeds they own and even list "breeders" (dogs they have used in breeding) that are for sale.  There is no way that many dogs are getting the attention they need. It makes me so angry!

False

So sad!

Molly

False

Isn't there a local Humane Society, or ASPCA?

Mel

False

www.atlantahumane.org

False

I've seen a couple of places like that down here, too, Treehuggin. Like you, I'd never spend that amt. on an animal in a flea market stall. My vet also says that most mall pet stores have poor quality animals.
    False

I'd love to have the $$ to rescue them all..sad.

Usually on Saturday I look at the want ads for puppies.  I've noticed a huge decrease in the prices for purebreds.  Yorkies that were going to $1500.00 to 1800.00 are now half that price. I have no intention of spending that much on a dog, I'm really not even looking to buy, I like to see if they ever have anymore Miki mixes like Maddie and seldom see any.

False

DO NOT REGRET GROWING OLDER.

IT'S A PRIVILEGE DENIED TO MANY.

Yep. Lots of rescue places. These breeders are registered with the state!!! Doesn't mean diddly but they are registered. The state knows about them, the humane societies know about them.

False

Call the media.  They love stories like that.

False

Continental Kennel Club

http://www.continentalkennelclub.com/Registration.aspx

False

May you never forget to remember what is worth remembering, nor ever remember what is best forgotten.