Could you suggest some sides to go with meatloaf? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Could you suggest some sides to go with meatloaf?

Last post Oct 15, 2013 9:49 PM by carrotop_f . 51 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 4 (52 items) 1234
  • Could you suggest some sides to go with meatloaf?

Any takers?  What would by your personal favorite menu?

So far it's just meatloaf and cherry pie for desert.

Molly

False
  • Re: Could you suggest some sides to go with meatloaf?

Good Heavens Molly, real mashed potatoes with gravy and green beans yummy!!!! Just my personal fav hehe.

False
    Roen If you won't stand up for our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Mashed potatoes and gravy, and a cooked green vegetable. Broccoli is a favorite at our house.

False

Roen ~

We are on the same page with this one!  Guess I was trying to come up with something different and wondered if anyone out there had any more ideas.

Molly

False

At our house it would have to be mashed potatoes and green beans.  Barbara 

False

Actually Molly you could do a stuffing with beef gravy on it. That sounds good too. Hmmm...or rice or tater tots or french fries or or or or...Damn now Im hungry for meatloaf...too bad its taco night Sad

False
    Roen If you won't stand up for our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!

During the summer I usually serve potato salad or cheesy potatoes in the crockpot with ml.

During the winter baked potatoes cause I can throw them in the oven with the meat loaf.

I guess I could do that in the summer too, but I like to mix it up with the hot weather

False
     Photobucket

You could do egg noodles with butter, salt and pepper ~ gravy if you want.  I like to saute mushrooms with meatloaf.  You can saute baby carrots in a little olive oil and butter, cover them up and let them cook for about 25 minutes, stirring once in awhile ~ you end up with sweet, almost sweet potato tasting carrots!

False

Summer74

I make a casserole of mashed potatoes that you can make in advance. 

Summer ~ That looks really good!  I'm going to try doing this with instant mashed potatoes and adjust the recipe to the amount.  To tell you the truth ...I quit buying real potatoes a while back, they just don't keep well because we don't eat a lot of potatoes in the summer.  DH made the meatloaf and it has a topping so I won't make gravy either.

CW ~ actually potato salad sounds good but then  as I explained I have no potatoes on hand!  Plus, we have had cold pasta salads lately that are very similar.

Thanks for some good ideas!

Molly 

False

I haven't read the replies so I don't know it this has been mentioned.

I always have mashed potatoes and peas.

False

The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one has to do. ~Barrie

Math is fun!

Click for Soldotna, Alaska Forecast

I cook it with potatoes, carrots and onions around it in a large baking pan, then add brusselsprouts for the last 20 minutes! One pan meal! You could substitute zucchini and or yellow squash for the sprouts!

False

I like baked beans with meatloaf.  Maybe a green salad.

Usually mashed potatoes and green beans. Or baked beans and applesauce.

False

Yummy Lots of really good ideas!

Molly

False