Does anyone know about Walmart benefits for part-time | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Does anyone know about Walmart benefits for part-time

Last post Aug 08, 2008 5:39 PM by Catmint_WV_49F . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • Does anyone know about Walmart benefits for part-time

workers?  I was curious if you get a discount on things you buy if you work there.  I know most grocery stores don't give any discounts to employees but not sure about Walmart.  And how about Target?  DD is looking for a part time job and I think it would be better to go somewhere that you get a discount when you work there.

Gail

False
  • Re: Does anyone know about Walmart benefits for part-time

My SIL works at Walmart, not sure if its PT or FT but she does get a 10% discount on anything she buys but she has to be on break or off the job to get it So she cant, say like, give the discount to a friend while she's working.

False
    Roen If you won't stand up for our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!

When I was in high school, I worked at Target (for a short time) and I only worked parttime & I got the discount.  I think it was 10% or 15% then.  Hope that helps...I agree with finding a job that have important benefits.  Sometime even though the job may not pay the best, the benefits are excellent.  I would love to get 10% off my Walmart bill every week, I would save a lot of money...I shop there a lot Embarrassed

False

I think she is going to Walmart tonite.  I'll let you all know when I find something out. 

Thanks for the info!!!!

Gail

False

My son works 9PM to 7AM    four nights a week.  He gets a small insurance coverage policy.  He does get the 10% off employee discount. 

I am not sure about part time employees.

False

Aspiring to inspire before I expire! Faith, Family, Friends!

Most companies list a summary of their benefits on their website. WalMart describes the employee discount under "careers" / "benefits"

False

10% off anything but food, then 20% off anything at Christmas time, and I think they have specials where they give you the 10% off produce or other food items, but only at special times of the year.

False

Rebecca

Parttime no benefits, 10% on non food items, around Thanksgiving they give each employee a ticket for an additional 15% off any single item, you can also include your 10%, and you can't use during working hours, you have to be off the clock, my daughter is manager in grocery. It does help when she goes with me to shop.
    False

You all are awesome!  Thanks for all the info. 

I haven't heard from DD yet so I hope it all went well.  She lives in a medium size town and they don't have a whole lot of part time opportunities.

Gail

False

DS gets 10 % off.

Once a year, right before Thanksgiving, they give them a 20% off one item. DS usually asks me if I want it on something big. I asked him if he wasn't going to use it this year, if I can use it on a Computer.

False

catmint

Delaware? 25%? I'll have to ask DS if his is like that. I thought it was 20%.  I hope it is 25%. That would be fabulous.

False

catmint

You get the 10% at Christmas plus a 15% ticket.. totaling 25% off any one item..
    False

I am thinking DS's is before the THanksgiving blitz. He is suppose to come home tomorrow from the beach. I'll have to wait to ask him.

False

catmint