Why do online videos sometimes pause or stop during play? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Why do online videos sometimes pause or stop during play?

Last post Sep 06, 2008 11:27 PM by BlueDenim_MI . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • Why do online videos sometimes pause or stop during play?

I have DSL and there are days when videos keep pausing every couple of seconds and other days when they play fine.  I've been perusing YouTube lately and some days I have no trouble but other days I can't stand to watch.  Is it my computer or server or does everyone experience this?  It is very annoying when it happens!

False
    Photobucketsm peace Photobucket
  • Re: Why do online videos sometimes pause or stop during play?

It is buffering when it does that. It is not your computer doing that.

False

Hey BD-

I used to have the problem all the time before went went w/ DSL.

I can recall the term they used but it was like the video would run, then it would pause and I'm not sure --play catch up somehow.  I do wonder if it's more YouTube's fault or if the video you're watching is being view by many at once??That's just a silly guess tho!!

False

DO NOT REGRET GROWING OLDER.

IT'S A PRIVILEGE DENIED TO MANY.

I understand the buffering thing as I get that when I am just playing music but I wonder why I have good days and bad days with it.  At least it's not my computer (Thank you, Nikey!)

Renee, I didn't think about a lot of people viewing it at the same time.  That makes sense but I wonder if a whole bunch of people are viewing the same Moody Blues video from 1970 that I am at 2:00 in the morning...LOL!

False
    Photobucketsm peace Photobucket