How do you saute Shrimp? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How do you saute Shrimp?

Last post Sep 26, 2008 1:26 AM by janicestar . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • How do you saute Shrimp?

I bought a lb. of fresh shrimp today & I want to like cook it in butter, no garlic... I ol' bay seasoning...How is this done??? I never cooked shrimp before....

False
  • Re: How do you saute Shrimp?

I preheat a pan to med-high and throw the shrimp in.  2 minutes per side.  Careful not to overcook.  Sounds yummy!  Enjoy.  I'm making an icky pork loin on the grill.  Pork bores me.

False

Thank you linda63!!

False

no garlic?!   Surprise

sometimes i sprinkle mine with a little cajun seasoning, and saute in butter, (and garlic!) and a splash of lemon juice. saute on each side a couple of minutes, until pink. it doesn't take long.  

i like mine with some fettucine alfredo.  

False

I love shrimp, but I have never purchased fresh as I am so afraid that I will over cook it.  Thanks for posting this!  Charter

False

Here is how I make mine - take 1/4 cup butter in mug - melt in microwave.  Add one or two cloves of garlic (I know you said no garlic, but this is how I make mine - adjust)  Add one cup of wine (the wine I have is White Zinfendale)to this mixture.

Pour mixture over shrimp and bake for 10-12 minutes at 375 -

Delicious.

Janet

False

Janetplanet

Here is how I make mine - take 1/4 cup butter in mug - melt in microwave.  Add one or two cloves of garlic (I know you said no garlic, but this is how I make mine - adjust)  Add one cup of wine (the wine I have is White Zinfendale)to this mixture.

Pour mixture over shrimp and bake for 10-12 minutes at 375 -

Delicious.

Thanks Janet!  That sounds interesting......Don't have any wine here..... I am keeping your method for future use tho.........I ended up removing the shells & placing in a plastic bag & added a good shake of Ol' Bay seasoning...Coated the shrimp & sauteed them in a little Olive oil & butter...They were awesome!!!!  Thank you for replying!!!!!!!!!!

This is what I did:  Thanks to Ladybugo7!!!!!!!!!

This is an Old Bay recipe. Just leave out the garlic.

OLD BAY Shrimp Scampi 

1/3 cup olive oil
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
    1 1/2 teaspoons OLD BAY® Seasoning
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1 teaspoon McCormick® Parsley Flakes

1.  Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat.  Add garlic; cook and stir 30 seconds or until fragrant.  (Do not brown.) 

2.  Add shrimp and Old Bay; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.  Stir in lemon juice and parsley.

3.  Serve over cooked pasta or rice, if desired.

False

That looks good, Cardinal Puff.  For next time, simmer the shells in a small saucepan with just enough water to cover, for about 10 minutes.  Perhaps add a bit of curry powder or some of the Old Bay.  Strain out the shells and you'll have a bit of strong shrimp broth, which is nice added to a sauce or in fried rice.

False

A lot of this is folk memories and cultural hangovers.

I like it cooked in equal parts of butter and olive oil.  The Old Bay seasoning would be a great addition.

False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

Da One, you are one of the meanest, nastiest people on this BB!  If you had a brain you would take it out & play with it!Super Angry

False

To add to this post, I cook the shrimp in med pan. I put butter, cajun seasoning and also wrap a half a piece of bacon around it. They come out yummy.

False