What temperature do you turn your heat on? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What temperature do you turn your heat on?

Last post Oct 02, 2008 10:46 PM by ScottsdalePrincess . 34 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 3 (35 items) 123
  • What temperature do you turn your heat on?
    It's a chilly night in Michigan tonight. 40 some degrees.  I refuse to turn my heat on because I'm in denial of Fall yet I love the Fall colors.  I'll attempt to wait this out 'til November.  Afterall, I can dream..can't I? 

What's your comfort level regarding temperature?

Linda

False
  • Re: What temperature do you turn your heat on?

I don't typically turn my heat on until it drops to 60º in the house & stays in the lower 60º's during the day.  We've had some pretty cold nights, but the coldest the kitchen has been is 64º and it's warmed up during the day.  So - so far - it's off.

True

Online Community / Field Editor Manager

Feel free to reach out to me anytime!

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sue.stetzel@RD.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

Keeping my off for as long as I can.

Hiding under the covers tonight.

Talk to me again in the morning when it is shower time, I might give in lol

False
     Photobucket

I had to give in and turn it on.  I was so cold all evening.  After I took the cornbread out of the oven I left it open to warm the kitchen a little.  I stood in front of it for a minute to warm my buns.  After supper I had to turn it on.  We have it set at 67 and it feels good in here.

False

I've still got the a/c on!  LOL!  It was in the high 80's today but is supposed to get down in the low 50's tonight.  It will not cause me to turn the heat on, though.  We don't need heat til at least November, and even then will sometimes have to turn the a/c back on during the day.  I keep the a/c on about 74 and when I turn the heat on it stays on about 70.

False

I have a fire in the woodstove tonight feels good Big Smile

False

It was only 55 degrees today, and the furnace came on a lot of times.   I refuse to sit here and be cold.  If it had been 55 degrees in August, the furnace would have been on then, too!

False
    1. Click for Rochester, Minnesota Forecast    

I have coal heat so once I start the furnace it is more economical and more user friendly for me to keep it running than to let it go out and then clean it and start it up again. So I watch the 10 day weather report. If a cold spell is for only a few days and followed by 70 degree weather, I wrap myself up and wait out the cold spell. I usually fire up the furnance in the 2nd half of October. There is no thermostat...I can only dampen it down so much and still keep it burning.

False

my hubby gets so irritated with me, I never wanna turn that thing on!  HAHAHA  I am sleeping now with the window open and LOVE IT!  it's cold, but boy, do I sleep good.  When my hubby starts telling me his fingers are numb, then I relent and let him turn the furnace on ...I figure if I'm cold that means I should get up and do something!  HAHAHA

False

signature 

My "Babies" are growing up!!!!

So far we havent turned ours on. We heat with propane and last year we spent $2100 on heat. Im going to try and hold off for as long as possible.

False

peachygirl_GA

I've still got the a/c on! 

I hear ya peachygirl...LOL.  I love my a/c!  I'm spoiled especially during my hot flashes. GIVE ME AIR! And Make it COLD! Stick out tongue

False

It was 80° here today but tonight in the 40°'s.  But I leave the heat off as long as I can, it has to get cold out first.   We also have a wood burning stove for back up heat.

False

sstetzel

I don't typically turn my heat on until it drops to 60º in the house & stays in the lower 60º's during the day.  We've had some pretty cold nights, but the coldest the kitchen has been is 64º and it's warmed up during the day.  So - so far - it's off.

It's a chilly 63 in house tonight and I am lovin it.  That is a prefect temperature for me..right now.  I suspect I will sleep without waking up several times during the night feeling hot. It will be such a relief.

False

Here in No. Jersey it's still pleasantly warm with no need for heat.  Some years we've had to put the furnace on in September, but not this year.  I like it cool and DH works nights/sleeps days, so our thermostat is set on 60 and stays there day and night all winter.  When the house gets below 60, the furnace goes on. With the price of natural gas, the sweatshirts will be popular.

False

Oh, by the time the nights hit 40 here, the heat will be on!!  That's getting cold!

False
    Fill your lives with love and bravery and you shall lead a life uncommon. - Jewel