Belgian Waffles / Regular Waffles | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Belgian Waffles / Regular Waffles

Last post Apr 21, 2005 8:09 AM by dutchmom4MI . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • Belgian Waffles / Regular Waffles
    What's the difference? Can you use regular waffle recipes and bake them in a Belgian waffle maker, or is the batter different? I'm still experimenting with my new Belgian waffle maker and just wondered how much leeway I had in using old waffle recipes.
    False
  • RE: Belgian Waffles / Regular Waffles
    when i make chicken and waffles i use reg. waffle mix and do them in a belgian maker....now if iam using a fruit topping then i use belgian mix with my belgian maker.....i just think belgian waffles are sweeter and lite .....we just like bigger waffles thats why i use the belgian maker more...hardly ever use my reg. one....now my MIL she hates large thick waffles....it more of what you like..

but for me the key was club soda for good belgian waffles,even tryed blueberry club soda along with fresh blueberrys...
    False
    why anyone would need blueberry club soda for a drink i'll never know...only ever found it the one time.
    False
    doe is right - belgian waffle mix is sweeter than regular waffle mix. I've only used belgian waffle mix once and decided I liked regular better so that's all i ever use with my belgian waffle maker. I don't have a regular waffle maker because i like the bigger squares of the belgian one better.
    False
    Okay, so is it totally frivolous of me to have BOTH kinds of waffle makers?! :-(
    False
    no SAS its not really....when MIL come over i use both makers but the same mix....oh remember going to the fair and getting ice cream on a waffle sundie.....
    False
    Not at all! They just make waffles with different size squares. If you prefer one kind with fruit and another kind with syrup, there's nothing wrong with that. I just prefer belgians.
    False
    have no clue
    False
    " or whatever else tickles your fancy "
    False