? Aldi's Crofton Brand Appliances | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

? Aldi's Crofton Brand Appliances

Last post Dec 26, 2011 4:35 AM by retiredhoosiermary . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • ? Aldi's Crofton Brand Appliances

Aldi's is featuring a Crofton Brand Food Sealer this week as well as a toaster and a convection oven.  I was wondering if anyone had ever purchased a Crofton small appliance and whether it was a quality product?  Please share your opinions.  I am considering the food sealer.

Thank you!

MJMS

False
  • Re: ? Aldi's Crofton Brand Appliances

I have one of their little crockpots and it looks just like the brand name crockpot I have of the same size. I've used it with no complaints. It looks just like the Rival one and heats the same.

False

I'd like to have that food sealer too.

I have a pitcher that heats water, that is croften, and love it.

I think my rice cooker is,t oo.

False

catmint

Thank you for your opinions Treehuggin and Catmint.  I didn't make it to Aldi's today but I want to get there tomorrow and check it out.  It seems like a good price. I'm glad you both have had good experiences with their appliances.

Thanks again!

MJMS

False

I bought a Crofton upright vacuum at ALDI for $19.99, marked down from $29.99. It's probably the best purchase of my life. So much suction and a rotating power head. It's a jim dandy.

I bought my mom the cordless rechargeable sweeper for Christmas for the same price. I hope it works well. Does anyone know?

False

I bought a Crofton digital food scale there about 5 yrs ago and have been very happy with it.  It is easy to use, accurate, and I've had no problems with it, and I use it a lot when I'm baking. 

False

Crofton is not a manufacturer, its just a "brand".  Aldi basically finds manufacturers (mostly China) who will make the appliances and then they put the "Crofton" badge on the items.  Not sure of the quality myself as I dont own anything so I cant say.

False
    Witty Whitney!

Bought their digital scales (food), and a couple of appliances....VERY PLEASED....check on the box, but normally their warranty is TWO YEARS, rather than the one year other mfg.s offer.  I saw the covection cooker for at least HALF what the other places are charging.  Only thing I wasn't please with were the cast iron skillets from a couple of years ago.  Inside was supposed to be pre-seasoned and everything stuck because the finish was like SANDPAPER....very gritty.  The enamel finish inside and out on other pieces was SUPER.

False

Marilyn

I've not bought their appliances, but being a pretty loyal Aldi fan, I'd say they're probably okay for the price.  I have gotten some excellent buys in garden tools and other home things.

Would be careful, though, with a food sealer.  I've found quality makes a big difference in these products.  Been through a couple of big name brand food sealers and found Food Saver, while it's more costly, is the most reliable and the best value.

Suggestion - before you buy the food sealer, make sure of what kind of bags it uses and the availability.

False

I;ve got the Crofton Hot Pot, love it. I've had it for years. It shuts itself off. DH finally decide to use it a year or two ago, thankyou!! Now I have more pots. lol

False

catmint

oops, see that this is a repeat post, and i did repeat. LOL  But, I still have the hot pot and love it. I'd like to find another one at the price I gave for the apt. Some don't have the auto shutoff. I think that is a must for us.

False

catmint

I got a small food chopper a couple years ago...$6...it's great.  In fact, I seldom use my regular sized food processor any more.

False