Fundraiser- Christmas Cookie Walk (any thoughts) | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Fundraiser- Christmas Cookie Walk (any thoughts)

Last post Oct 20, 2008 8:30 AM by love2cook . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • Fundraiser- Christmas Cookie Walk (any thoughts)

I was just called by a friend from church who would like to do Christmas Cookie Walk as a church fundraiser.  From what I understand, volunteers bake a variety of Christmas cookies and bring them to church.  People can come and choose as many cookies as they want, and then pay by the pound.  Has anyone done this?  Any thoughts on making it successful?

False

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."

• Re: Fundraiser- Christmas Cookie Walk (any thoughts)

Our church has been doing this for several years.....I drop my cookies off because the Sunday they have the cookie walk is the same day my office has it's annual Christmas Sunday Brunch.  I know they always want 'fancy' cookies.  I have the feeling they don't always get fancy/pretty ones...our family's favorite is chocolate chip.  I believe they get bakery boxes (something that looks like you could pack up a good-size cake).  They charge by the pound.  People choose their own selection...I know they put the cookies out on platters....I'm not sure if the buyers actually pick them up or if they have some help standing by w/plastic gloves to pick up what you point out so that people don't have their hands all over them?  One of our church members is a caterer & runs a 'pretty tight ship' as far as food handling/safety issues.  I think they make several hundred dollars at the event. 

False

any other experiences out there?

False

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."

Make sure you have plenty of gloves for people to pick out there own cookies.

I know the United Methodist Church in Rochester Hills, MI has a big one every year. I am sure if you contacted them someone could give you details.

False

Our new Recipe Finder has a Holiday Cookies section with over 600 different recipes! Click on the "Recipes" button in the red menu bar at the top of the page and pull down to "Holidays." Or click the links here to open the Recipe Channel in a new window.

Recipe Finder

Holiday Recipes

Holiday Cookies 

False