What do you do with leftover candy corn? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What do you do with leftover candy corn?

Last post Oct 24, 2008 10:50 PM by jcmsmom . 18 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 12
  • What do you do with leftover candy corn?

My wonderful DH just found 4 bags of candy corn he put in the freezer last year.  (No, I didn't know about it...that's why it was still there LOL).  The stuff is very crunchy.  What can I make with it besides pouring it into clean vegetable cans and making "maracas" for my nephews and nieces?  I really don't want to trash the candy and I hesitate to serve it because I don't want to be responsible for broken teeth.  Thanks! Smile

Sky

False
  • Re: What do you do with leftover candy corn?

Maybe you could smash them up and use them as topping for a cake or cupcakes. Might they soften if you zapped them for a second or two in the microwave?

False

You could spread them on an oiled baking sheet and try to melt them into colored candy-glass.

False

A lot of this is folk memories and cultural hangovers.

Make yourself a blowgun out of PVC pipe & shoot them at the rotten kids that try to play tricks instead of treats! LOL

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

Just so you know It is a proven fact that all candy corn was made in 1967 and leftovers are recycled every year and then resold to the public. The bags leftover in stores every year and any bags found in dumpsters and landfills are rebagged and then resold the following year. That is why it tastes like crap. NO NEW CANDY CORN HAS EVER BEEN PRODUCED!!!... The same goes for Fruitcake at Christmastime LOL ( sorry I heard that from some comedian)

False
    Roen If you won't stand up for our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!

DS says throw it away - it's ok - the candy corn cleaners will find it, clean it & recycle it for next year because all candy corn was actually made in 1911!

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

Ok sorry Sue, I got the year wrong MY BAD LMAO PIMP

False
    Roen If you won't stand up for our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!

You guys are mean!

I love candy corn!

I saw a recipe for pumpkin fudge I think somewhere here on recipes maybe? It called for candy corn that was melted down. You might want to do a search for pumpkin fudge and see what you get.

False

Freeze it! I hit the post halloween sales and stock up on enough candy  to last us for months. Those small paxks a perfect for a snack, and its hard to find dome types -- like candy corn -- throughout the year.

Anyway, I use the extra candy corn in sugar cookies, same as M&Ms, and add them to icing for cupcakes. Also make fudge this time of year and push the large ones into each square... looks really cute too.

False

"Wit is educated insolence." Aristotle

I have never heard of "leftover" candy corn before in my life! In my house we call it "Oh, crap! My pants shrunk!" and live on raw veggie sticks for the next week or so.

Yes, you can melt it down and do all kinds of things with it. It's basically pure sugar with a bit of flavoring and a binder. To get you started try (and yes, the link will pop in a new window) Sue's Super Easy Halloween Candy Corn Fudge.

~Morg~

False
    It takes a Viking to raze a village. My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Sister Atom Bomb of Love and Mercy!

Well IMHO it wouldn't be in my house anyway, so I'd toss it.........I wonder if that gopher out back would like some?  I agree that stuff was made in 1911.

False

Ditto what Pamela said

False

"Hatred is a coward's revenge for being intimidated."

~ George Bernard Shaw ~

Type in butterfinger candy corn in the advanced search at the top under recipes.  This bar is so good.  Peanut butter, candy corn and chocolate candy coating.

False

DD mixes candy corn and peanuts together.  She says the mixture tastes like a Payday candy bar. 

I don't like that candy bar or candy corn so I couldn't really say personally, but my DH agrees with her.

False
    Well, that is old age for you. You can't hear sounds that everyone else can hear and you can hear sounds that no one else can hear. Not really a bit problem until you begin to hear voices that no one else hears.

I'd eat it. You can also go to google and look for candy corn recipes.

False