This could be a fun brain teaser . . . a laundry riddle lol | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

This could be a fun brain teaser . . . a laundry riddle lol

Last post Oct 29, 2008 10:24 PM by nix_mom . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • This could be a fun brain teaser . . . a laundry riddle lol

Is there a way to get silly putty out of a blanket? DD got silly putty out of the "prize box" at school. Her prize has become my nightmare. Silly putty stuck on two blankets. I don't know if I just wash them alone and "see" what happens or if anyone has any advice?? TIA, Jenn
    False
  • Re: This could be a fun brain teaser . . . a laundry riddle lol

Diz....have you tried freezing it like you would gum?  or lighter fluid?

False

Old age ain't no place for sissies . -Bette Davis-

OH how cool, lighter fluid and light it on fire? lol No, freezing has not yet been attempted. I will have to put it in the outside freezer, they are too big to even get in the kitchen one. Thanks for the suggestion, it just might work lol!
    False

Try freezing it and then taking a butter knife and scrape it off.  You could try goof off, wd-40,  or goo gone.  Maybe take a piece of wax paper and cover the area, take a warm iron and peel it off.

False

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
    Dr. Seuss

smart azz!!!  I think it is Ronson's lighter fluid and squirt it on the spots.. rub it in good and then try to pick up the silly putty... normally it will let loose!!!  then launder like normal (without the addition of silly putty)!!!  or there is the freeze it and see it it will chip off!!!

False

Old age ain't no place for sissies . -Bette Davis-

If you can't fit them in the freezer, try rubbing an ice cube over it instead.

False

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
    Dr. Seuss

Call the school and admonish them for giving such an irresponsible prize out to students....and send them the bill for drycleaning! LOL

No, really, maybe something in baby oil will dissolve the stickyness? Brasso gets sticky tags off glass, metal and plastic maybe it would work for blankies???

False

I'm not psycho.....I just like psychotic things.

Adria's World

Try this website  http://www.crayola.com/canwehelp/staintips/index.cfm 

They recommend wd40.  More details on the site. 

Good luck

False
    Thanksgiving is good but thanks-living is better. Matthew Henry 1662-1714