Can evaporated milk be used as a coffee creamer? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Can evaporated milk be used as a coffee creamer?

Last post Mar 04, 2011 10:42 AM by richlinKy . 31 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 3 (32 items) 123
  • Can evaporated milk be used as a coffee creamer?

I just wondered ~ and could I flavor it?  Any suggestions

Molly

False
  • Re: Can evaporated milk be used as a coffee creamer?

When I was a kid, my dad always used evaporated milk in his coffee.  He never flavored it - who ever heard of that back then?? - he just used it the way it was.  But I don't see why you couldn't.

False
    Fill your lives with love and bravery and you shall lead a life uncommon. - Jewel

yes

False
    If the essence of my being has caused a smile to have appeared upon your face or a touch of joy within your heart, then in living I have made my mark.

LOL Do you want to use it for coffee creamer?  If so, why yes, it can. :)  Do you have any flavorings?  If so, why yes, it could be flavored.  Vanilla flavoring or a touch of cherry flavoring and almond flavoring would be tasty I think.
    False

Yup! That's all my grandma used when she was around. I even have the special made lid that fit on the can to keep it fresh. It is stainless steel and has to prings that open the can by pressing the lid into the can.

Not sure about the flavoring though.

False

Rebecca

Yup. And OBB is right, it's awesome with flavoring. I also make my own liquid creamer with a mixture of powdered creamer, sweetener (sugar for me, Splenda for Diabetes Girl - my Gran) and various extracts and spices. Heat on the stove to melt the powders into some water, mix and store in the fridge. Add your extracts and spices at the end. Works great and since I buy my powdered creamer in bulk bins, I almost never run out. When I do - I use the evaporated milk until I get to the market.

~Morg~

False
    It takes a Viking to raze a village. My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Sister Atom Bomb of Love and Mercy!

Yes, Ma'am, Ms. Molly- use just like reg milk, only maybe a little less?

False

It is my favorite creamer. Not flavored though - that would be nasty.

False

"She was not what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot."

Mark Twain

Thats what my Dad used in his coffee and thats what I love in tea.

False

I am now the proud Mimi of 5 !!!!

I guess if one had to, yes....but I would rather have Coffeemate fatfree....and the pumpkin spice is very tasty...

False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

Evaporated milk is all we use for our coffee, but no other flavorings.  We like our coffee to taste like coffee.

False

I have used it, but I like half & half better.  In a pinch it's fine.

True

Online Community / Field Editor Manager

Feel free to reach out to me anytime!

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sue.stetzel@RD.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

You can even whip evaporated milk if you get it cold enough in the freezer. I poured mine in an ice cube tray and froze till ice crystals formed around the edges and whiped it like whipping cream. I think I used powdered sugar to sweeten it. Doesn't last very long so it needs to be used right away.

False

I'm not psycho.....I just like psychotic things.

Adria's World

ABSOLUTELY.  I love the taste of evaporated milk.  I like a LITTLE coffee in my milk.  So I usually use one whole can of evaporated milk to a little coffee and if there is any more space in the large mug I use I fill it ot the top with milk and microwave it until it's steaming.  YUMMY.  I have some right here at the computer right now.

False

A lot of people used to do this, and maybe still do. They liked it that way, or maybe it was cheaper than coffee cream. Actually, when did coffee cream (half and half) start being sold? We used to get milk (from the milkman) that had cream that rose to the top and poured that off for the adults to use in coffee.

What would you want to flavor it with?

Like a little vanilla extract, or almond or something?

Try a little first before you flavor the whole can,

False