senior citizen christmas program | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

senior citizen christmas program

Last post Nov 16, 2008 6:15 PM by movnspeechGA . 1 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
  • senior citizen christmas program
    • Smile [:)]

Hello, as I do quite a bit of singing in my community, I was sort of elected/volunteered--what ever you call it--to make up a little Christmas program for our local senior citizens, which I would love to do, but am having trouble with any good ideas, other than a sing-a-long.  It needs to be no longer than 30 minutes.  In particular, I thought of the theme "Bells of Christmas"  and so far, I can think of these song with "bells"--Jingle Bells, Jingle Bell Rock, Silver Bells, I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day.  Can you think of any others?  Or other ideas?  Any appropriate suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Also, we do want it to be a fun time for them, but also want to remember to also include the Reason for the Season, our Saviour, Jesus Christ. There will be 2 other ladies doing this program with me, we take turns singing duets, playing the piano, solos, etc.  This will be in an assisted living facility, sometimes we also get asked to perform elsewhere where there's seniors, it is a lot of fun and heart warming to see their smiles.

False
  • Re: senior citizen christmas program

Carol Of The Bells

It's sung kind of fast.
    Hark! how the bells
    Sweet silver bells
    All seem to say,
    "Throw cares away...

You can find the rest of the lyrics here. 

http://www.christmas-lyrics.org/carol-of-the-bells-lyrics.html

False