Gin soaked Golden raisins for arthritis remedy | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Gin soaked Golden raisins for arthritis remedy

Last post Dec 02, 2008 11:35 AM by trailcookMD . 20 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 12
  • Gin soaked Golden raisins for arthritis remedy

Has anyone heard of this or has anyone had success with this? A friend sent this to me.

One box of white or golden raisins (cannot use dark raisins) soaked in 1 - 2 cups of gin (make contain it juniper berry juice), just enough to cover the raisins.  Cover glass dish with cheesecloth until the raisins absorb the gin or it all evaporates in a week or two.  Then eat 9 raisins a days, may take 6 weeks to notice difference. 

False
  • Re: Gin soaked Golden raisins for arthritis remedy

*LOL* drink the bottle of Gin and it will take the pain away too....My great Aunt did this and used WD-40 for arthritis she swore it worked*LOL*  we all just knew that she was drinking theGin juice and didn't hurt quite so bad!!!

False

Old age ain't no place for sissies . -Bette Davis-

I have an 86 year old friend who gets around like nobody's business that swears by this remedy.  When I get arthritis, I am going to try it.  I cannot think it could hurt to try, as long as someone doesn't have alcohol dependency issues.

False

I met a Gin Soaked barroom King in Memphis..... He tried to take me upstairs for a ride....

OOPS wrong thread.... My badd......Devil 

False

"Golden" raisins are actually dark raisins that have been BLEACHED. Maybe whatever they bleach them with together with the gin might make you feel on top of the world. I agree with Teresa, don't bother with the raisns and just drink the dang gin.

I have a sneaky suspicion that the raisns just make the gin taste better, besides, the sugar in the raisins will make the alcohol much mpor powerful and I think THAT is the reason for the seaon of  home remediy happiness.

Old man Kramer from Kramers dairy in Fairbanks had bad arthritis and he had a bottle of whiskey stashed in the wood pile. Several times a day he would "volunteer" to get firewod for the wood cook stove so he coud take a nip witout his wife knowing it.

Prosit.

False
    Have always soaked golden raisins in gin for spice pound cakes and such. Naturally I do not throw out the gin when I drain them. Waste not want not!
    False

LOL! I will have to try this. I hate taking pills. I wonder what they use to bleach the rasins? Jean
    False
    Jean NW GA

Paleface

LOL! I will have to try this. I hate taking pills. I wonder what they use to bleach the rasins? Jean

Paleface, you will have to meet "sun Maid" and sweep her off her feet. Maybe she will tell you the secret.

Perhaps  there is something on the box of Sun Maid golden raisins to give you a clue. I used to belong to and worked in a healthfood cooerative in Oregon, that is how I found out. Only it has been 13 years and I have forgotten what they use to bleach the raisins.

As  last rsort you can e-mail the conpany and ask.

False

gr_elo
    Golden" raisins are actually dark raisins that have been BLEACHED.

According to the Raisin Administrative Committee, "In much of the world, including the USA, the golden raisin is also referred to as a "bleached raisin." This is an incorrect term, as the dark raisin is not bleached. Rather, the enzymatic browning that normally occurs in a fresh grape is slowed down by treatment of sulfur dioxide gas. The raisin is preserved in a glimmering golden color. In the USA we call this a "golden" raisin."

False
    I'll take my gin without the raisins, in a glass with tonic & a slice of lime (I hate raisins). It may not cure arthritis, but I agree on not feeling any pain! LOL
    False

How much gin would be consumed in nine raisins? And why nine?
    False

Someone try it and let me know if it works lol I would love to have something to stop arthritis pain considering I have it in every joint in my body! Big Smile

False

This may sound about as silly as the bar of soap in the bed for leg cramps, which many attest gives them relief.

So ... if it works for someone, relieves the pain, makes them more comfortable, and doesn't cause harm ... good then! 

Non-medical remedies such as this, that work to relieve certain conditions, are often an indication of one's strong mind/body connection and personal belief, i.e. "positive thinking".   And that's good!  Smile

False

labrat_

Non-medical remedies such as this, that work to relieve certain conditions, are often an indication of one's strong mind/body connection and personal belief, i.e. "positive thinking".   And that's good!  Smile

That's true labrat, did not think of it that way. Big Smile

False

I would call it the Placebo Effect. If you think it's going to work, and if people tell you it's going to work, it just might work!  Barbara 

False