I've been coughing for a week now, scratchy throat, too. Anyone else have this lately? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

I've been coughing for a week now, scratchy throat, too. Anyone else have this lately?

Last post Jun 10, 2004 5:43 PM by cjayh__MI . 16 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 12
  • I've been coughing for a week now, scratchy throat, too. Anyone else have this lately?
    I am sick of coughing! It subsides some during the day, but at night it is awful! Had a few night of very sore throat and low grade fever.

I finally started an antibiotic yesterday to see if it would knock it out.

I have been so miserable and the coughing makes my head feel like it will explode. Nothing has worked for the cough. Ugh!
    False

Rebecca

• RE: I've been coughing for a week now, scratchy throat, too. Anyone else have this lately?
    And I might add that the minute I mentioned I thought I was getting a bug, DH packed up and moved to the spare bedroom so he wouldn't get sick.

Ahh, true love, lol! I have to suffer all by myself!

I did get a boquet of flowers tonight just because...
    False

Rebecca

• RE: I've been coughing for a week now, scratchy throat, too. Anyone else have this lately?
    Yes, my SIL. She even didn't show up at the funeral home for her Mothers viewing. And left soon after the funeral. She has had it for 10 weeks, she said. She had to have sinus medicine. It seems to go to your sinues. Funny, though, she is well enough to go everywhere else. She was at Church Saturday night.
    False

catmint

My DH has had it twice in the winter. Kept it forever and still has coughing fits. It takes awhile.
    False

catmint

I just came down with a really sore throat and chest congestion, but only a little coughing. Nasal congestion too. Hope it's just the kind of cold that'll be gone in a few days. Got an audition in NY on Saturday. I've spent the last couple of days in bed and taking cold medicine of every kind. If I take a deep breath, you can hear the wheezing/rumbling in my chest. Hope it's not the kind you're talking about!
    False
    I have had somethign similar for a week almost. SO has someone else at work. I think it is jsut what the virus is.
    False
    Me, too. Cough and congestion. Am making an appt. today.
    False
    Change the world by loving people!
    Yep, I have been sick since Friday night. I have been running a temp, and coughing and coughing and not sleeping!!
    I finally got some cough medicine yesterday from the doctor to take so I can sleep. It is loosening up some.
    Now, I am just so very tired. And my ribs hurt from all the coughing.
    Plus I was home alone with no one to pamper me!!
    False
    Oh MY!!! I just sneezed while reading this post! LOL. I just got over a horrible, out of the blue Sinus infection. My sister is sick now too with the same stuff you're describing. It's all the junk in the air! I've developed "allergies" which often turn into something else, so you may need Claritin or something like that too. Take good care of yourself, eat chicken soup, drink lots of hot tea and water, stay in bed as much as you can. Nights Are the worst for some reason. Please feel better soon!
    False
    Yeah I think it is a virus for the most part...but if it drags on I usually ask for an antibiotic. Then I hold on to the rx a couple of days to really insure I need it.

The sleeping or lack of it I should say, wears you out.

I take Claritin D and Nasacort aqua and recently an inhaler which has helped tremendously.

Diva...I'd see a doctor if not better by tomorrow. I'll bet he can give you something to break it up by your audition. Good luck with that.

Get better everyone!

Rebecca :)
    False

Rebecca

Thanks, Rebecca. Nasal congestion is almost gone now, but still goop in the chest. I have prescription cough medicine, if I need it, but I'm not really coughing much, just a little tickle, and the mucous in the throat. I know I have to drink, drink, drink! I was told that it would think it out. I'm also able to blow a lot of it out, so I think it'll be okay. My vocal cords seem to be okay, not swollen, so even if there is a little residual on Saturday, I can sing over it. But I will shut up afterward! LOL

I'm just upset that I have to fly tomorrow...I was in NJ last week and came home Saturday. If they had called me earlier, I would have just stayed there and maybe not even gotten sick! I think I picked it up on the plane. I haven't been sick in ages and always forget to wear my little air purifier thingy around my neck when I fly.
    False
    Rebecca have had this since the week-end. Started out sneezing and scrachy throat and coughing. My DB had it last week and he got equate brand of allergie medicine at WalMart non drowsy, said after two doses was fine. Hope you feel better soon

Diana
    False
    Rebecca,

Just north of you in PA. Yes, I had it also for 3 weeks. I had a cough in my chest and tired all the time and did not feel like eating. During the 3rd week, I was coming up the stairs and was having a hard time breathing and my heart was pounding. (I knew I had a problem because I walk 4 miles every day). Went to the doctor and got an antibiotic. It has taken me almost another three weeks to feel good again. But I chalk it up to procrastinating on going to the doctor. I hope you feel better soon.

Jan
    False
    i woke up this morning with a running nose and scratchy throat..i got this from my son..
    False
    Oh, yes, I've had it for almost a week. It seems to be getting worse, not better, with me. I've gone to work every day that I've been scheduled but by the time I get off I feel like I've been run through a wringer.

Hack, cough, bark, sneeze, sniffle.
    False