ISO rice krispie bars with caramel in themiddle | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO rice krispie bars with caramel in themiddle

Last post Feb 18, 2009 10:44 AM by c_oo_kie . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • ISO rice krispie bars with caramel in themiddle

Does anyone make these? We were at a party last night where someone had made rice krispie bars with a layer of caramel in the middle. I am going to ask about who made them and try & get their recipe but I was wondering if anyone here makes them and has a recipe?

False

Every day I’m shufflin’

• Re: ISO rice krispie bars with caramel in themiddle

~*~Caramel Krispie Bars~*~

3/4 Cup(s) Margarine

8 Cup(s) Mini marshmallows

8 Cup(s) Rice Krispies

14 Ounce(s) Caramels

14 Ounce(s) Sweetened condensed milk

Melt 1/4 cup margarine and 4 cups marshmallows. Add 4 cups Rice Krispies. Pat in buttered 9 x 13 inch pan. Melt caramels, 1/4 cup margarine and sweetened condensed milk together. Pour over Rice Krispies in pan. Refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes. Prepare another Rice Krispie mixture like the first. Put on top of caramel layer. Keep refrigerated.

Photobucket

False

This is from AlabamaNeeNee and sounds like it could be what you want.  

RE: Rice Krispie Carmel Recipe

Posted by: dowie

Rice Krispie Caramel Bars

1 pkg caramels
    1/2 cup butter
    1 can sweetened condensed milk

Melt together and cool.

2 pkgs mini marshmallows
    3/4 cup butter
    11 cups Rice Krispies

Melt butter and marshmallows over low heat; add Rice Krispies. Put 1/2 Krispies mixture in bottom of greased 13x9 pan. Pour caramel mixture over top. Put rest of Krispies mixture on top. Cool in refrigerator.

False

i think I will have to try this one!

False

I think I would make a recipe of the rice krispies and spread it in a pan, then melt a bag of caramels (maybe add a bit of milk--most bags of caramels have recipes for caramel apples, and I'd do whatever they said for that) and spread it on top, then make another batch of the rice krispies to make the top layer. And even that wouldn't be enough to satisfy me my family. This sounds SO good!

I'm imagining other possibilities now -- chocolate in the middle, chocolate AND caramel, peanut butter, chocolate and peanut butter.............

False

Mmmmm...thanks for the recipes & the additional ideas!

False

Every day I’m shufflin’

Brat at Hallmark I saw this candy and pickedit up to read the ingredients. It was a RKT on a stick in a rectagle shape, coated in chocolate and decorated to look like a reindeer. They want $4 for the one but I figure I can make that. lol 

False

i was thinking you could just use some caramel icecream topping... put half the krispies down, topping, other half... but the caramels would probably set up a little firmer eh?

i'll have to try this... looks good :)

forgot to add, that if you look someplaces like Nutters, they sell the caramel for apples and such in blocks, so you dont have to unwrap a thousand little candies  :)  my mental note to self has reminded me that this part of it was the most tedious chore ever!  LOL

False