What to do with leftover lamb? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What to do with leftover lamb?

Last post Apr 13, 2009 7:42 PM by RandyWI . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • What to do with leftover lamb?

I cooked a small de-boned leg of lamb yesterday with leftovers.   What do you do with leftover lamb?

False
  • Re: What to do with leftover lamb?

Chief say, Gyros.

False

MMM! All kinds of Middle Eastern and Indian dishes... tagines, curries, stews, vindaloo,  or pulled lamb for BBQ sandwiches, good eats!

False

"Wit is educated insolence." Aristotle

It's also good in tacos--put a bit of extra cumin in the filling.

False

So what?  Big deal.
    --Closing lines of Buckaroo Banzai Beyond the 8th Dimension, AND of my childhood mix tapes.

Pamela, I did a big leg of lamb today too...it was on the bone and so delicious, and got quite a lot left over,m so I shall turn it into a lamb curry....I shall brown onions and garlic...and add whatever else I fancy....(but not chillies)..and then I shall put in the lamb, and add my lovely Balti paste,....and then either fresh tomatoes or a tin of chopped italian toms....and let it simmer and then cook some rice, and then heat some poppodums or some nan bread...and Jeff will be happy!

False

Scotch broth! Yummm!

False

Oh Mirry can I come to your house for curry?  I love curry!

The first time I tasted curry was at my Aunt & Uncle's in Billingham in the north of England.  I was 12 years old and I've loved it ever since.

Our Chinese restaurants do curry but it's no where near what I had when I was a child.

The Scotch broth sounds wonderful as well.

Now I have to decide what I'm doing with our leftover lamb.

False

Carol

Oh thanks Mirabelle, I was thinking of something like this over rice. 

False

You could also do a quick stew; if you kept the pan juices, defat them and add some water and chicken (or beef) stock; boil the vegetables until done, toss in the leftover lamb (cut up, of course) and Voila!  If you didn't keep the pan juices- equal amounts of both beef and chicken stock...

False

Lamb curry, shepherds pie, cornish pasties, stew, casserole......

False

Limey now you've done it too.  Cornish pasties is another favorite of mine.  If I travel to northern Michigan or to parts of Wisconsin I can get pasties.  But now you've made me hungry for them.

False

Carol

Lamb curry........Yummmmmm!

False

photo 394c3cfc-b346-432f-9237-818feb5c030c_zpsb115894a.jpg

Our companion and great friend,  Rula.