ISO ideas for marble cake mix | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO ideas for marble cake mix

Last post Apr 24, 2009 8:47 AM by Callie123 . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • ISO ideas for marble cake mix

I want to make it a little more fancy, any ideas? (it's a boxed mix) and I am having company and that's what my DH wants....thanks

False
  • Re: ISO ideas for marble cake mix

The only recipe I know of that uses a boxed marble cake mix is the Easy Red Velvet Cake one that Taste of Home published a long time ago. Not sure you consider that to be more fancy and just so you know, you dont see the marbling in it, but it is an excellent red velvet cake--very moist. 

Here is the recipe and if I can get the picture to post, I will post it. This is the one TOH took of it.

Easy Red Velvet Cake (Taste of Home Aug/Sept 98)

Cake:

1 pkg. fudge marble cake mix

1 t. baking soda

2 eggs

1 ½ c. buttermilk

1 oz. bottle red food coloring

1 t. vanilla extract

Frosting:

Frost with canned cream cheese frosting or use your favorite recipe for cream cheese frosting.

In mixing bowl, combine contents of cake mix (both packets) and baking soda. Add eggs, buttermilk, food coloring, and vanilla. Blend on low until moistened. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Pour into two greased and floured 9 inch round cake pans (I used 9 x 13 and it came out fine). Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost. This is one of the easiest and best red velvet cakes I have ever had.

False

Faith is not demanding what we want; it is trusting God's goodness in spite of life's tragedies. Dave Branon

I haven't had Red Velvet cake in a long time, this sounds so good!

I can't think of a way to make the Marble cake more fancy other than to add some almond or butter extract to the white cake part....that really enhances the flavor.  Maybe sprinkle coconut, nuts, or sprinkles on top?

False

How about the one with Pistachio Pudding added?  My neighbor used to make it about 30 years ago, and it was delicious.  Try googling Pistachio Marble Cake, and I think you'll find the recipe

False