Going to Rapid City, Black Hills SD | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Going to Rapid City, Black Hills SD

Last post May 11, 2009 3:35 PM by luv2can . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • Going to Rapid City, Black Hills SD

We just found out we are spending about a week near Rapid City the first week of June ... anyone know a site where we can get coupons for common attractions?  I have googled and found some ... but I wanted to ask the experts.  [:D  ]Thanks all!

False
  • Re: Going to Rapid City, Black Hills SD

Dh and I r thinking about going to the BH also this year sometime. If anyone knows of the coupons or u find out anything I'll keep an eye out. Smile

False

can't help but here's a bump

False
    Click for San Dimas, California Forecast

Can I go too, Charlotte?  I spent 2 years at Ellsworth AFB and really enjoyed it, except the winters.  I also have a friend who lives near Spearfish, right in the middle of the Black Hills. 

Of course there's Mt. Rushmore (a MUST see), not very far from Rapid City, then there's Crazyhorse (I assume it's been completed by now; I was there in the 1980s).  I can't tell you much about the city since it's been so long since I lived there, but here are two sites you might want to check out:

Here's the website for the Rapid City Convention and Visitor's center:

http://www.visitrapidcity.com/

Here's the site for the Crazy Horse monument:

http://www.crazyhorsememorial.org/

Those two sites should get you off and running.

False
    I'll gladly pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today - Wimpy

We were there in March and no, PLL, Crazy Horse is still not completed. And Spearfish is a neat community with a good college.

We were stationed there back in the 70s and really enjoyed it. March was not a good time to visit, however.....we were there in between 2 blizzards.

Rapid City has really grown since we were there and I don't have any suggestions for coupons but Crazy Horse and Mount Rushmore are must sees and Custer State Park is really neat. Deadwood and Sturgis are interesting sites too.

Know you will enjoy it.

False

Thanks Pippin.  I'd forgotten those places.  Sturgis also has a huge motiorcycle rally every year and bikers from all  over the country go to it. 

False
    I'll gladly pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today - Wimpy

When we went we got all of our information & coupons through the South Dakota Tourism website:

http://www.travelsd.com/

False

Every day I’m shufflin’

Hi there, we went to SD last year and it was AWESOME!  When you get to your hotel in RC, they have brochures, etc. about things to do in the area, we were on a VERY tight budget and found lots of FREE things to do with kids - we went to an awesome Indian museum, there is a kids playland kind of thing that is free.  We also went online before we left to the National Parks website and were able to buy the pass to go to Mt Rushmore for less than it costs at the place, they also have all kinds of packages you can buy on line for cheaper.  Have fun!

False

signature 

My "Babies" are growing up!!!!

Thanks, friends.  We have a deal for free lodging near Rapid City for a week; I'm looking for things like "buy an adult admission, get a free kids admission" coupons.  The National Parks website idea is a good one.  Any others?

(And for those of you looking for a relatively cheap family vacation, I can certainly recommend Custer State Park, Mt. Rushmore {$10 to park the car, no other fees} and other attractions. 

False

I liked Wall, SD. It was so neat. My mom lived there and it was really neat to meet people she went to school with. My brother and I were younger but it was neat to see the Drug Store.

False

Click for Rock Springs, Wyoming Forecast

glutenfreern.blogspot.com

TOH field editor for Wyoming

I lived in R.C. for almost 20 years.  I really miss it.  If you are looking for a good, not expensive place to eat go to the Alpine Inn in Hill City.  They serve one entree at dinner - filet mignon, baked potato, salad and Texas toast. (it comes in 2 sizes - large and small)  Then they have this fabulous dessert menu - yum!  I'm sure if you google them you could find them. Did you check the state tourism website for coupons? 

False

Take me!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd love to see my son/dil and they live close to there!

False

my first cousin and his wife live in ellsworth AFB and she's just expecting their first little bundle of joy. i'd love to go.

False
    Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God, will come to know God because they know you. Click for Ankeny, Iowa Forecast[IMG] Photobucket
    Christian Glitter by www.christianglitter.com