Can I buy replacement dishwasher racks cheaper online? Anyone know? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Can I buy replacement dishwasher racks cheaper online? Anyone know?

Last post May 29, 2009 10:29 PM by Linda_Rae . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • Can I buy replacement dishwasher racks cheaper online? Anyone know?

My racks are getting rusty and I want to replace them...nearly $400 at the store I bought the dishwasher!!  Can you believe that?  I might as well buy a new dishwasher!  Which I don't want to do as there's nothing wrong with it.  

Help!!

False
  • Re: Can I buy replacement dishwasher racks cheaper online? Anyone know?

Check the brand's website...IE...Kenmore/Sears....whatever.  They might have parts available or list the suppliers of parts where you might buy them "wholesale".  I use the example of Sears because we have a Sears Part store in our area.  When my Kenmore washer had a knob crack &  break off, I took it to the "Parts" store, and got a replacement for a couple dollars.  Rather than calling for service, waiting for a service guy to call...and paying all the extra bucks for "labor". 

Geeked

False

Linda_Rae
    My racks are getting rusty and I want to replace them...nearly $400 at the store I bought the dishwasher!! 

I had the same problem with my Maytag -- what a stupid design flaw, using metal that rusts in water -- and I searched everywhere, but the replacement costs were outrageous. Its like they did it deliberately just to force consumer to buy a new dishwasher.

Everything else worked, but after about 3-4 years, the cheap, thin plastic coating on the rack was already peeling off. That was just poor quality workmanship as it is mainly just me and the mister so we don't even use it every day.

We ended up patching the plastic with some kind of coating stuff DH found at Home Depot, and we did get another year out of that dang thing. By that time the tines in the lower rack would literally fall off in your hand of you barely touched them, so the plates wouldn't stay in place.

Good luck, but you'll probally end up buying a new one.

False

"Wit is educated insolence." Aristotle

Linda_Rae

My racks are getting rusty and I want to replace them...nearly $400 at the store I bought the dishwasher!!  Can you believe that?  I might as well buy a new dishwasher!  Which I don't want to do as there's nothing wrong with it.  

Help!!

$400.00 ????   Thats twice as much as I paid for a whole dishwasher!!   That's outrageous.

False

I don't know how old your dishwasher is but when I had the same problem, I called Kenmore and the rep told me it would be cheaper to buy a new dishwasher.  I shopped online and found that he was right. 

False

Thanks,  all.  I appreciate the ideas.  Good luck to me is right.  

False

Just take the rack with you when you give this a try. We have a place here that repairs and resells appliances. See if they have ones the same size and shape.

False

Several years ago I bought a new bottom rack for my Kenmore dishwasher which is probably 20 years old.  (yeah I know buy a new one but I had to buy a washer and dryer instead!  Can wash dishes by hand but clothes?  Not!)  I think it was about $70.  Now  I need a new top rack.

False

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin

Try here:

http://www.partselect.com/
    False

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin

thanks Debbie.  It's still $300,  using that site,  but that's better than $400.  Amazing that they are that much,  isn't it. 

Thanks for your help.

False