Thieves Oil | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Thieves Oil

Last post Jul 12, 2009 10:30 AM by HiOnLife . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • Thieves Oil

I'm going to Hawaii in Dec. therefore I will be spending a lot of time couped up in a plane and a gal here at work said she heard this was the oil is the best to help prevent illness, etc and I that MUST get some for my trip.  I thought I would check here to see if anyone uses it?  I've done some research but would like some first hand advice if possible.    TIA

False
    Cathy "What Contemptible Scoundrel Stole The Cork From My Lunch" --- W.C. Fields
  • Re: Thieves Oil

I know all about this stuff. It smells like cinnamon. The only reason it kept the thieves from getting sick when they were robbing graves is because it masked the smell of decomposing bodies. (That is where it gets its name) While I am a lover of essential oils I do not believe it keeps people from getting sick. You could just as well put some Vicks under your nose (and that won't keep you healthy either)

False

May you never forget to remember what is worth remembering, nor ever remember what is best forgotten.                                                                                         

Dramamine? I think they make an extended product these days...try your local pharmacy.

Otherwise, stay away from alcohol, stay away from rich greasy foods during the flight and 24 hours before your flight. Have a good trip.

False

Rottensocks- I believe she is talking about catching a cold or some such illness while on the plane.

False

May you never forget to remember what is worth remembering, nor ever remember what is best forgotten.                                                                                         

People up here put Neosporin in their noses on flights.  Some swear by it.

False

The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one has to do. ~Barrie

Math is fun!

Click for Soldotna, Alaska Forecast

whiteflower_pa
    I believe she is talking about catching a cold or some such illness while on the plane.

Oh dear, Embarrassed I thought she was talking about motion sickness.Stick out tongue

If she is worried about catching a cold or some other respiratory airborn  viral disease...as far as I know nothing helps..if you are going to get it, well, its your turn. How many of my family have taken that philosophical attitude.

False

Probably the best thing would be to wear one of those masks. 

False

Thank you Ladies - I'm late getting back here.   I had really wondered about that whiteflower and I'm not sure what I'll do if anything.  I know for sure I'll drink plenty of water rottensocks, but what, no beer?  LOL   I'm getting excited already!  Smile

False
    Cathy "What Contemptible Scoundrel Stole The Cork From My Lunch" --- W.C. Fields

I know I'm replying pretty late, so I don't know if you'll read this before you travel...

JMO, now...

A small bottle of chewable vitamins would certainly not hurt- even the ones for kids- there should be some sort of guide on the labe for adult usage- if not, chew 2.  Alcohol- based hand sanitizer is better than nothing, or those individual swabs in foil packets.  Eat a very balanced and healthy meal beforehand.  Eat another ASAP after you get settled.  Get as much sleep as you can before, during and after the flight.  You can do something like Dramamine if you need to, but a real ginger tea will also help, as will ginger ale.  So does real cinnamon or clove.  Wear comfortable clothing- head to toe.

Enjoy your trip!

False

HiOnLife-- we did the Christmas in Hawaii thing in 2003- the weeks we spent there were the best vacation we ever had.  And  just FYI hen you get there you will notice this: they REALLY wrap the palm trees in the strings of those little white lights just like in the Corona (beer) commercials!!! havefun!! (and yes, you will definately need sunscreen, even in December!!)
    False

"Practice random acts of kindness"

Thanks for the additional info.  Wink  I appreciate it.  I'll have to take a picture of the trees! 

False