I have some very ripe bananas, what can I make? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

I have some very ripe bananas, what can I make?

Last post Aug 13, 2009 11:24 AM by Lady Fingers . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • I have some very ripe bananas, what can I make?
    I do NOT want to make banana bread or smoothies.  So, what can I make?
    False

Everything is okay in the end, if it's not okay, then it's not the end.

• Re: I have some very ripe bananas, what can I make?

This is really good.

http://www.recipezaar.com/Banana-Pudding-Cake-16733

False

NY_Scooter
    So, what can I make?

Someone who wants to make those things happy? LOL

Or you can put them in the freezer until you do want to make those. 

You can make Banana Whip

Banana Cheesecake (but I want a piece if you do!)

Banana Pancakes (that's a plus recipe, let me know if you can't see it)

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

I had 3 very ripe bananas the other day.  Made up a yummy batch of banana-blueberry muffins.  The recipe is on bettycrocker.com.  It called for only one banana, but I used all of them.  It made for some nice, big muffins!

False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

Banana JAM, there are two recipes in the TOH search. IT is delicious.

False

I love banana cake with cream cheese frosting. I got a recipe from TOH a few years ago.  :)

False
    I found these on this BB.  The first one is T&T and I had copied the others for later, but haven't made them yet.  The banana pancakes already posted sound wonderful, too!  I get a little tired of banana bread sometimes, too, so let us know what you decide to make!  Posted by Twinkle30:BANANA CAKE WITH PEANUT BUTTER ICING

2 1/4 c. flour
    1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
    1 tsp. baking soda
    1 tsp. salt
    1 c. mashed very ripe bananas
    1 c. buttermilk, room temperature
    2/3 c. shortening, room temperature
    1 1/2 c. sugar
    2 eggs, room temperature
    1 tsp. vanilla

ICING:

1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
    1/2 c. light corn syrup
    1/2 c. chunky peanut butter

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside. In separate bowl, combine bananas and buttermilk. Set aside.
    Cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs. Beat in vanilla alternately. Add flour and banana mixture. Beginning and ending with flour. Spread in greased and floured 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Cool and frost.

Serves 20.
      Posted by Dharma77: Peanut Butter Banana Cake From Reminisce 1/2 cup butter, softened
    1-1/2 cups sugar
    2 eggs
    1 cup mashed ripe bananas ( 3 medium)
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 cup milk

FROSTING:
    1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
    1/3 cup milk
    1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    3 cups confectioners' sugar

In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add bananas and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
    Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
    For frosting, in a mixing bowl, beat the peanut butter, milk and vanilla until blended; beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.

NUTRITIONAL INFO
    Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 352 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
      Posted by flipper78  Chocolate Peanut Butter and Banana Cake

1 pkg (18.25 oz (515 g) devils food cake mix
    3 eggs
    1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas(3 to 4 large bananas)
    1/2 cup vegetable oil

Chocolate Peanut Butter Glaze:

4 squares(each 1 ounce) semi sweet chocolate
    2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
    1/3 cup chopped peanuts(optional)

Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour 13 inch x 9 inch(3.5L) cake pan.

In a large mixer bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, mashed bananas and oil. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, or until smooth. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.

Glaze:

In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and peanut butter, stirring constantly until smooth. Spread evenly over cooled cake. Sprinkle nuts on top, if desired.

Serves: 12-16

Tip: Use creamy peanut butter, not crunchy for a smooth satiny glaze.
    Variation:

This is from DH Cake mix magic book.

False

Oops - sorry, I don't know why the text sometimes runs together like this when I post.  I copied and pasted this from my Word file.  If you copy these, you'll be able to fix them so they are easier to read.  Tongue Tied

False

I like to make this:

Banana Marshmallow Squares

1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
    1/2 cup butter
    2 eggs
    1 cup nuts, chopped

Filling:
    3 1/4 cups miniature marshmallows
    1 small box Instant vanilla pudding
    2 ripe bananas, mashed

Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.In large bowl combine cake mix, butter, eggs and nuts. Blend well. Press 1/2 into bottom of pan; reserve remaining for topping.Filling: In double boiler, melt marshmallows, stirring constantly, until smooth. Add dry pudding mix and bananas to melted marshmallows. Spread evenly over dough. Crumble remaining dough over filling. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until dough is golden brown.

False

Every day I’m shufflin’

Banana Coconut Crunch Muffins

This recipe can be made ahead, and actually tastes just as good the third day as it did the first. But, sadly, it will never make it to day three – too yummy. Enjoy.

Serves 16.

Ingredients:
    Muffin ingredients :
    1/2 cup butter (1 stick), room temperature
    1 cup granulated sugar
    2 eggs
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    2 Tablespoons buttermilk
    2 large bananas, mashed
    1 1/4 cups flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Topping ingredients:
    3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
    3/4 cup coconut, shredded
    1/4 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
    4 Tablespoons butter, room temperature
    1 Tablespoon cream

Instructions:
    1. Preheat oven to 350°.

2. Line 16 muffin cups with paper liners (or grease and flour 16 muffin cups).

3. In a small bowl, sift or stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Set aside.

4. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter for one minute. Add sugar and mix for 30 seconds. Beat in the eggs, vanilla, buttermilk and bananas. Mix until combined.

5. Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture. Mix until combined, making sure to scrape down sides of bowl.

6. Spoon the batter into 16 muffin cups.

7. Bake for 16 - 18 minutes, until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle of a muffin.

8. While muffins are cooking, prepare topping. In a medium bowl, mix the brown sugar, coconut, pecans, butter and cream together. I mix the ingredients with my hands to make sure that the topping is an even consistency. A mixer works just as well.

9. Remove muffins. Keep oven on, and spread topping over hot muffins. Place muffins back in the oven for 3 minutes (to cook the topping).

10. Remove muffins, and with back of spoon, spread the topping to edges (if topping is not already at edges).

11. Let cool 30 minutes, giving the icing a chance to harden.

False

Strawberry-Banana Fruit Leather

False

A lot of this is folk memories and cultural hangovers.