Stinky feet... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Stinky feet...

Last post Aug 25, 2009 9:44 PM by forbeadssake . 18 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 12
  • Stinky feet...
    • Indifferent [:|]

I mean REALLY stinky! My poor SIL came home early from work the other day, said he could smell his feet under the desk! He showers twice a day...uses "odor eaters" in his shoes...any suggestions?

False

• Re: Stinky feet...

My ex had an employee once with this problem. He made him go to a doctor. He said the guy would be off on a personal day and you could still smell his feet in his office!

I have heard soaking feet in strong brewed tea helps. The tea can be warm or room temp.

False

Rebecca

I saw something on Oprah... and they said to soak your feet in tea....

False

Thank you! I knew there was "something" but I kept thinking vinegar!

False

our DGS lived with us, and he had this problem with sneakers.  We would buy him new ones, and within days they would be smelly.  His feet really perspire a lot.  So we bought new shoes and started spraying his feet with antiperspirant.  It worked.  He will probably have to ditch all of his shoes and start over.  Also it helps to change off shoes each day so his shoes have a chance to dry and air out.

False

Could it be the shoes?  We have this problem in our house and it is the shoes, not so much the sweaty feet.  He should toss those shoes if he wears them all the time, get 2 new pairs so he can switch off every other day.  We bought my husband some sandals a few months ago and had to give them the old heave-ho while out of town, they just smelled awful...it was a combination of hot weather, sweaty feet and the footbed of the shoe did not breathe enough, and too much wear.  I have sweaty feet and switch my shoes during the day because of that same problem.  Sometimes I use spray deodorant on the bottom of my feet to maybe help control sweating. I'm not so sure it works!

False
     Click for Sun City, Arizona Forecast

My boots used to get really bad.... I would stuff them full of crumbled newspaper.. that will absorb the ordors too!  and spray deoderant on the feet in the morning.. it does help!

False

Old age ain't no place for sissies . -Bette Davis-

I've heard that soaking your feet in a tea made from Juniper berries will help.I've never tried it though.

False

Use several tea bags in the brew then cool and soak feet for awhile. It is the tannen in the tea that is the cure.   I have found that if I don't buy Leather shoes my feet will smell awful. All manmade materials are not good with my sweaty feet.

I also cannot wear polyester fabrics when I sweat or the odor is bad in summertime.  This used to be very bad when I was heavy.

False

"Anyone can oppose, it's fun to be against things, but there comes a time when you have to start being for things as well."

Princess78

I've heard that soaking your feet in a tea made from Juniper berries will help.I've never tried it though.

Isn't that what they make GIN out of... heck soak em in Gin and then add some tonic!! *LOL*

False

Old age ain't no place for sissies . -Bette Davis-

I've heard that taking in less caffeine helps with sweaty palms.  It would probably also help reduce the amount feet sweat.  If that's an option.

False

"Wear it home. It'll look like a dress."

akfishergirl
    Isn't that what they make GIN out of... heck soak em in Gin and then add some tonic

Thats a waste of perfectly good Gin.Big Smile
    False

I heard that dsoaking the feet in strong tea would help with the odor.Might be worth a try anyway.

False

I'd also recommend he see his doctor. If he truly has an issue with say his feet sweating, they can prescribe a prescription deodorant or medication to minimize or stop the sweating and therefore the odor. I had a brother that had sweaty palms. The doctor gave him a liquid in a small bottle and he just used a couple drops in each palm a day. It really worked.

I might also recommend an over the counter athletes foot spray. I get the kind that sprays dry and I think it helps, plus keeps any athletes foot at bay. If  feet sweat a lot or get dry and cracked, it can be easy for fungus type problems to appear.

False

Rebecca

Rebecca_WV_40
    If  feet sweat a lot or get dry and cracked, it can be easy for fungus type problems to appear.

I was thinking that too!

Mr. uses the dollar store medicated foot powder in his boots ~ says it helps keep them dry.

True

Online Community / Field Editor Manager

Feel free to reach out to me anytime!

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sue.stetzel@RD.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile