Cost of high school football games | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Cost of high school football games

Last post Aug 29, 2009 11:01 AM by FallingUp . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • Cost of high school football games

DS hasn't been to a football game in a few years. He went to one last night. It was $7.00 (non-student). I heard some of the schools around here are charging $10.00. That seems expensive to us. The schools have an average of 1,000 students so they are good sized schools.

What do they do with that money? Does it all go for uniforms and team supplies?

False
  • Re: Cost of high school football games

In our district, the money made during football season funds a lot of the other sports that don't get many spectators.  Good football teams bring in a lot of money for both high schools and universities.

False

I know  in my school , back in the day the conession money went to pay for the prom

False

Man, that seems high. I haven't been to a game since I was in High School. I think I would prefer a movie, and that is too high for me.

False

catmint

Our youngest DD graduated in 2008, and I think sports were about $6 for adults.  But you could buy an annual pass for around $50 to get in to everything.  It was really worth it when our older DD was cheering, and I went to many different sports to watch her.

Don't forget you also pay for your child to PLAY in the sport, so you are paying twice!

False