DID YOU SEE DR. OZ 'S PROGRAM YESTERDAY | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

DID YOU SEE DR. OZ 'S PROGRAM YESTERDAY

Last post Sep 18, 2009 2:05 PM by Rebecca_WV_40 . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • DID YOU SEE DR. OZ 'S PROGRAM YESTERDAY

If you did could you tell me the recipe of the bleach water to sterilize things. he didn't say water part of water to how much bleach you need to use to clean things in the bathroom.

He said it would be on his website but I have looked and all I find was a book he wants to sell in that segment.

Thanks

False
  • Re: DID YOU SEE DR. OZ 'S PROGRAM YESTERDAY

bump

False

hidecogal,

I didn't see the show. What time is it on and which network or cable channel? I was the Director of a Parents Day Out program and I was told by the health department if you can smell the bleach you're using too much. I don't know if that helps you. You might check on the net for a video of his show.

Hugs,

Jenni

False

It is on at 2 p.m. central time on nbc. In our local area that is channel 11. Check it out now because he will be on in 27 minutes.

I found on another website that you use 1/4 cup bleach to one gallon water for 5 minutes . I went google and typed in " bleach sloutions to sterlize things".

False

I didn't see Dr. Oz yesterday but I did find this.

If you want to sanitize a surface, the bleach solution must be 10:1. 10 parts water to one part bleach. Any higher concentrations may actually decrease the sanitizing effects.

A much safer alternative is simple hydrogen peroxide! "Hydrogen peroxide is the only germicidal agent composed only of water and oxygen. Like ozone, it kills disease organisms by oxidation! Hydrogen peroxide is considered the world's safest all natural effective surface sanitizer. It kills microorganisms by oxidizing them, which can be best described as a controlled burning process. When hydrogen peroxide reacts with organic material it breaks down into oxygen and water."

False

It's on every bottle of bleach. The standard recipe is used in homes, day cares, nurseries, schools, etc. Just look at the back of your bottle or go to clorox.com.

False

Rebecca