How do you tame spicy chili ?? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How do you tame spicy chili ??

Last post Oct 22, 2009 7:43 PM by CookieCarol . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • How do you tame spicy chili ??

I got carried away with the red pepper and cumin.  The chili tastes great to me, but for the average joe who will be having this.. it may be a tad to hot.  I have added more tomato sauce and it did help a very tiny bit.  More sauce maybe??  Or what about some fresh chopped tomato?  Any thoughts would be helpful!  Thanks! 

False

Carolyn U.

• Re: How do you tame spicy chili ??

Yup already in there. That's why I was thinking some fresh chopped tomato maybe would absorb the spice like potato does with salt.  

False

Carolyn U.

The only way I can think of is to serve it with sour cream or shredded cheese. The enzymes in the dairy capture the heat...at least it does with peppers. That's why they recommend drinking milk after eating spicy foods.

A tomato might absorb the spices...but the spices will still be there...just in the tomato instead. 

Unless you double the batch and don't add any more heat, I'm not sure there's much you can do. Unless someone has a trick!

SG

False

I have a very difficult time deciphering the line between boredom and hunger.

ScottsGrace
    Unless you double the batch and don't add any more heat, I'm not sure there's much you can do. Unless someone has a trick!

I am hoping someone here would have a trick up their sleeve! 

False

Carolyn U.

Serve with a healthy dollop of sour cream or yoghurt...or have warm tea with milk as a beverage.

False

Last week I made some pumpkin chili.......just sorta intrigued by add pumpkin to chili. The can of pumpkin made the chili nice and thick and creamy with added body. There was NO pumpkin taste at all. I wonder if that would help tame your chili? Just a thought.
    False