What kind of drinks do you serve for Thanksgiving? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What kind of drinks do you serve for Thanksgiving?

Last post Nov 12, 2009 1:07 PM by WashingtonChou . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • What kind of drinks do you serve for Thanksgiving?

I fill  a huge thermos up with water. I have made punch in the past. But gave that up until Christmas time. I felt I didn't need one more expense to deal with an already growing expense for the Thanksgiving meal. Last year someone gave me a bottle of sparkling cranberry juice. I had it chilled. Two  guests made certain  only they enjoyed it. I usually serve some pop/soda around supper time for those that want a light sandwhich off the sandwhich fixings platter and chips I have setting out. I have found its just to expensive to have it  any earlier with the group of people here. By then most have left and a handful is here. Plus some need the sprite or gingerale to soothe their stomach from eating to much all day.

False
  • Re: What kind of drinks do you serve for Thanksgiving?

I always have wine. A nice riesling and zinfandel. The kids have milk or juice. My sisters, adult nieces, and I always toast our mother and oldest sister, with ameretto, while we are getting things ready. Coffee with dessert.

False

Our family always enjoys House of Grace tea..

HOUSE OF GRACE TEA

4 scops instant tea, plain or with lemon ( I use the one with lemon)or ( 1 to 1 1/3 cups)
    24-32 ounces white grape juice ( or GJ w/peach or other flavor fruit)
    1-3 tablespoons lemon juice concentrate
    1 1/2 cup Splenda ( or sweeten to taste with splenda)
    add water to make 1 gallon of tea.

If sweetened tea is used I omit any other as the grape juice is also sweet.

False

We make sure we have plenty of ice for ice water.Most of us are water drinkers.We have ice tea,hot tea and coffee.Usually my sis in law brings pop.We also have a couple different wines.

False

We don't do the wine thing around here, but we do get some Martinelli's (Bi Mart $1.66 this week) sparkling apple juice to have.  We buy plenty so we can all have however much we want.

That House of Grace tea sounds very interesting!  I think I will write down that recipe!

False

We will have water with the meal.  Pop later with sandwiches for some.  We'll also have a bottle of wine...my sister in law used to insist on Gewurtztraminer with turkey, but I think we'll have something else this year.  (I'll sample some while cooking!)

False

How to keep Gingerbread men from running away?  Eat them.

Water and white wine, usually Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc.  Coffee for after dinner.

False

The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one has to do. ~Barrie

Math is fun!

Click for Soldotna, Alaska Forecast

Usually, pre and post dinner, we have beer, and my husband makes espresso drinks.  With dinner, usually just water.  More espresso after dinner.

I used to get a nice bottle of wine, but our friends are mostly beer drinkers, so what the heck.  I still get a nice bottle of wine, and my husband and I share the next night, with our leftovers dinner.

False

So what?  Big deal.
    --Closing lines of Buckaroo Banzai Beyond the 8th Dimension, AND of my childhood mix tapes.

We do Apple cider-either warmed and spiced or cold. Depending on the weather. I also have iced tea and lemonade. We also have plenty of soda and coffee.  I've done the sparkling apple juice too.

False
    Marie K McConnell

I always have juice, wine, beer and water in the fridge, so whatever guests want is what they get.  I also buy champagne and o.j. that my mom and I enjoy.  The day after Thanksgiving is turkey taco night and we always make killer margueritas.  Big Smile

False

Due to the strong flavor of the sweet potatoes, I usually lean toward a pinot noir or a fruity zinfandel.  Bloody Marys in the morning and then port after dinner.

False
    "...good things come to those who wait. True, but unless you're making a souffle or catching the bus, better things come to those who do something."--Amy Alkon demotivational posters
    see more