How do I remove a cheesecake from the pan bottom? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How do I remove a cheesecake from the pan bottom?

Last post Nov 21, 2009 3:40 PM by bubunny . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • How do I remove a cheesecake from the pan bottom?

Just wondering if any of you have an idea for how I can get a cheesecake off the bottom of a springform pan onto a plate/platter, or whatever. Any hints? Thank you!Smile

False
  • Re: How do I remove a cheesecake from the pan bottom?

I sometimes line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.   I trace the bottom of the pan on the parchment and cut it out, place it on the greased bottom.  I also grease the parchment paper.  When the cheesecake is ready to serve, I am usually able to slip it off the bottom of the pan.  The parchment paper will still be on the bottom of the cheesecake so be careful to lift each slice off the paper as you serve it.

False

siggie budgie-little green Duckling kissing heart  

Colossians 3:17, 23,24

If it is already baked, have you tried putting the sides back on, but don't secure it, and use the ring to gently slide it on the platter (or whatever you're using).

False

Dog NamZim is 100% right on.  I do the same & the cheesecake comes right off!

Probably not much help to you for now...  but a good tip for "next time".

False

With a fork.

False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

You might try freezing it. then put it on your plate.

False

I spray it with PAM.

False

I love your reply, 4boysmom! SmileBig SmileWink Made me laugh. I'll try the parchment paper though, thanks for the idea!

False

You can also use wax paper as safely as parchment paper, and it's less expensive.  I usually do this, and spray nonstick on the top of the wax paper and the side of the pan. 

Stacey

False

Put plastic wrap on a plate larger than the cheesecake, put plastic wrap side down on top of well chilled cheescake, turn over carefully, remove pan bottom, place serving plate top side down on bottom of cheesecake, carefully flip back over, remove plastic wrapped plate and there you go. If it's any good, it won't stick to the plastic or tear at all.

False

I'm not psycho.....I just like psychotic things.

Adria's World

I use a flat frosting spatula. It is about 2" wide and 16" long. I just use kind of a sawing motion between the crust and the springform pan bottom all the way through and slide it on to a plate.

False

I have a  Tupperware universal lifter -   It looks like a very wide spatula without the handle.  You just wedge it between the cake and the pan bottom and you can lift the cake right off.  

False