My Bad Dog Ate a Sandwich | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form




My Bad Dog Ate a Sandwich

Last post Dec 21, 2009 6:49 AM by 2bmwmom . 11 replies.


Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • My Bad Dog Ate a Sandwich

    My DH and I ate Subway sandwiches for lunch and there was most of half of a foot-long left, a pastrami and cheese, with onions, green peppers, cheese, tomatoes and cucumber.  And plenty of yellow mustard! It was wrapped on the ottoman (there is no proper place to eat, so we ate on the floor in the old house)...I just went into the room where the sandwich was, and I do mean WAS.

    There was one soggy, well-gnawed piece of bread left with everything else eaten/licked off it and two pieces of onion scattered around it.  I suspected it was Prince, because Cio-y doesn't usually steal food, unless it's Prince's treat.  A quick prying open of a doggie jaw and a sniff told me who the culprit was, although I thought I smelled it on Cio-y too, so they may have been in cahoots on the sandwich heist.

    I left it there so my DH could get the full impact of what his son did when I tell him about it.

    Hope Pastrami won't make him sick, but he's playing right now and doesn't look the least bit remorseful.  Hmm

    False
  • Re: My Bad Dog Ate a Sandwich

    I can top that.  My BAAAD dog ate a month's supply of my Armour's thyroid meds!  She's 7yrs. old and just in the last year has been chewing anything and everything.  Thank goodness she hasn't had any bad effects, even from xylitol gum.  The vet asked me if I have been paying enough attention to her, like talking to her.  I replied: I talk to her and the tv all the time.  lol

    False
  • Re: My Bad Dog Ate a Sandwich

     Oh boy, that's more serious than a pastrami sandwich!  Prince tends to eat tissues and baby wipes from the waste basket when he feels nobody is paying attention to him or if nobody puts him up on the bed at night and he needs to amuse himself until somebody comes around.  LOL

    False
  • Re: My Bad Dog Ate a Sandwich

    I have a good one, too.

     Years ago, my best pal Shadow  ate my step daughter's 2 lb. box of chocolates from her first boyfriend. The next day, foil came out of her and she said " Good, I hope it hurts". But it didn't and she was fine for many years.

    False

    When the tides of life are against you

    And the current upsets your boat

    Don't think of things that might have been

    Just lay on your back and float

            Ed Norton     1954

     The Honeymooners

     

  • Re: My Bad Dog Ate a Sandwich

    Sharon, my vet tol me that onions are poisonous to dogs & can put them in renal failure.  I hope your pooch is OK!

    False
    "We keep you alive to serve this ship! Row well & live!" Charlton Heston in "Ben-Hur"
  • Re: My Bad Dog Ate a Sandwich

    this may cause the poopies, if so...call your vet!!!

    False

     

  • Re: My Bad Dog Ate a Sandwich

    MS_Palominofilly

    Sharon, my vet tol me that onions are poisonous to dogs & can put them in renal failure.  I hope your pooch is OK!

    They are...I'd give a call to your vet tomorrow. 

    False
  • Re: My Bad Dog Ate a Sandwich

    jetfan27

    I have a good one, too.

     Years ago, my best pal Shadow  ate my step daughter's 2 lb. box of chocolates from her first boyfriend. The next day, foil came out of her and she said " Good, I hope it hurts". But it didn't and she was fine for many years.

     

    I am surprised at that one... I had heard that chocolate is EXTREMELY poisonous to dogs and even as little as 1 or 2 small pieces could kill a pooch! Your doggie must have a strong composition!

    False
  • Re: My Bad Dog Ate a Sandwich

    Lots of things are poisonous to dogs....chocolate, onions, even tomatoes! I wouldn't dare leave a sub on an ottoman to tempt my Dane!  Probably there wouldn't have been ANY evidence left, including the paper...and she'd be in misery tonight. Danes have very sensitive stomachs.  Hope your pooches are all right!

    False

  • Re: My Bad Dog Ate a Sandwich

    Talking about dogs who will eat ANYTHING!!!  My Doxie Tater Bug ate a ball point pen!  I was terrified that it was going to rip a hole in her stomach or intestines.  She pooped out SHARDS of hrd plastic & would squeal when she did.  I was so afraid that I was going to see blood gushing out of her, but I "helped" her pass them with my gloved hand & she was OK.  Thank the Lord!  She also ate a hole slam through the kitchen wall!!!  We had to buy a pen to put her & Little Bit in when we have to go somewhere. 

    False
    "We keep you alive to serve this ship! Row well & live!" Charlton Heston in "Ben-Hur"
  • Re: My Bad Dog Ate a Sandwich

    .

    bbwdreamsicle

    I am surprised at that one... I had heard that chocolate is EXTREMELY poisonous to dogs and even as little as 1 or 2 small pieces could kill a pooch! Your doggie must have a strong composition!

    I was too. I watched her very close and she was fine. I always gave my pals a little chocolate and never had a problem. But I NEVER gave them 2 lbs! I think Shadow  had a cast iron belly. But she had a good life.

    I always heard that chocolate is bad, but I have never heard of a dog dying from it, or even getting sick. Is it an Urban Legend or is it real? I don't know.

    False

    When the tides of life are against you

    And the current upsets your boat

    Don't think of things that might have been

    Just lay on your back and float

            Ed Norton     1954

     The Honeymooners

     

  • Re: My Bad Dog Ate a Sandwich

    jetfan27

    bbwdreamsicle

    I am surprised at that one... I had heard that chocolate is EXTREMELY poisonous to dogs and even as little as 1 or 2 small pieces could kill a pooch! Your doggie must have a strong composition!

    I was too. I watched her very close and she was fine. I always gave my pals a little chocolate and never had a problem. But I NEVER gave them 2 lbs! I think Shadow  had a cast iron belly. But she had a good life.

    I always heard that chocolate is bad, but I have never heard of a dog dying from it, or even getting sick. Is it an Urban Legend or is it real? I don't know

    The toxicity depends on percent cacao of chocolate.  A small piece of bakers chocolate would be the same as eating over a pound of milk chocolate.  Regardless, you shouldn't give a dog any chocolate as their body can't metabolize it.   If your dog gets into any food type item that's toxic, you should induce vomiting using hydrogen pyroxide (within 2 hours...calling the vet for instructions is critical).  I've had to do it once and it's not pleasant. 

    False