shutterfly vs. photobucket, which is better? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

shutterfly vs. photobucket, which is better?

Last post Dec 28, 2009 4:19 PM by MACBLCMAC . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • shutterfly vs. photobucket, which is better?

One of my cousins-in--law made an absolutely beautiful wedding album for her SIL using shutterfly.  I've been using photobucket, but only to post my photos  online occasionally.

Is shutterfly a better place to download pix to?  Or photobucket? 

I just don't relish the thought of doing it twice.

What's your preference?

False
  • Re: shutterfly vs. photobucket, which is better?
    Sorry I cannot help you.  I use Photobucket to bring pics to the BB because someone told me how to do it.  And now that I can do that -- ain't fixing what ain't broke sort of thing.  I have never heard of shutterfly.  My sister who does terrific photos of her two kids and shares them with family -- she lives across the country -- uses Flickr and really likes it.

Aleida♥

False

I use Photobucket...it was easy...Snapfish.com is another site...Rachael Ray recommends it & so did my camera, but I was already using photobucket so stayed with it...I think they are all about the same....... JMO..........

False

I think you've got it right. Those are two different sites for two different purposes. Photobucket is a good place to store photos you want to share online. Shutterfly is a good photo processing site, where you upload high resolution digital photos and have prints made from them. 

I use them both, but for different purposes. All of the photos I share with you on the Taste of Home website are stored on Photobucket. I use Shutterfly for getting prints and calendars made. Shutterfly does an excellent job of turning my digital pictures into something I can hold in my hands. I had a mousepad and a calendar made with pictures from my Grand Canyon trip. They are just beautiful.

False

Thanks all for the replies.  I was kind of wondering if they were meant for two different purposes, but last night when I was looking at shutterfly, it said something about being a great place to store photos, so I wasn't sure.  I already have a photobucket acct, so I may wait until I want to do some actual printouts to sign up for shutterfly.  I also have a girlfriend who has her pictures done through the Walgreens site and I thought they looked pretty nice too.  Plus, they always issue coupons so it seems like it's pretty inexpensive.  Thanks again.

False

I use Photobucket   I only post pics to B&B  It took me forever to finally post ( I'm a little slow !)  Now it's easy   I don't know what shutterfly is.    Hope someone can help you.

False