Do you Believe that Sex Addiction really exists? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Do you Believe that Sex Addiction really exists?

Last post Jan 22, 2010 7:12 PM by cast_iron_king . 43 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 3 (44 items) 123
  • Do you Believe that Sex Addiction really exists?

I definitely do not!

False
  • Re: Do you Believe that Sex Addiction really exists?

Well, not for me personally, but I dated someone when I was in my very early 20's who definately had this problem. He was dating about 6 different people at the time. So yes, I do believe it exists.

False
    As messed up as minds can get, wouldn't say couldn't be. When you know how much of a risk your taking and do it anyways. I think that is an addiction. Of course playboys like Warren Beatty who slept with how many women. So yes it can be, and no,,, just nailing as many as he can. I see drug addicts who have given up their families ,jobs everything for a drug. But with this he gave up nothing tell he got caught. So as I think on it,,, I don't know.
    False

Mirabelle____UK
    I definitely do not!

It seems to only exist when people get caught with their pants down.  Pun definitely intended.

False

Whats the diff in liking alot of sex and addiction? Cheating??

False

charmbaby

Whats the diff in liking alot of sex and addiction? Cheating??

Good question.  The term addiction only ever seems to come into play if multiple partners are involved.  Otherwise, people are just always horny.

False

I don't often get asked to define irony, but when I do, I always say,

"Why, yes.  Yes, I AM a Field Editor for Taste of Home."

I wonder if it is the kind of mindset...if you can, you will and lets' face it, when you are very rich, you definitely can.....I have an half-uncle who is like that, all during his marriage he played around...he would have an affair on the go with anyone, and he also kept a book on all his conquests....(more what he did with them...)till his wife found most things....the last straw was an affair with a woman at their supermarket check-out....there was a messy divorce, and now they get on very well, living separately but appearing at family events..and now he is sooo happy...he told my aunt he felt free now to be himself..he does not want to be committed.  He admires men who can be just with the one woman, but he likes to roam....

False

our nickname for him is 'the serial adulterer'!

False

Mirabelle____UK
    when you are very rich, you definitely can

Interesting thought....I wonder how many people who aren't rich and/or famous are "diagnosed" as being sex addicts.

False

Every day I’m shufflin’

Check out what Mayo Clinic has to say about it :

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/compulsive-sexual-behavior/DS00144

You can copy/paste this link

False

Marilyn

Do I think it exists?  Absolutely--remembering how absolutely desparate I was for sex, many times a day, while my hormones were out of whack during menopause (DH really didn't mind that stage of life--LOL), I have to believe that there are people out there who have a hormonal need for sex that many of us can't really understand.  I'm not normally that 'addicted', of course, and I never did anything illegal or immoral about it--but it was a very, very, strong--almost uncontrollable urge, so it's easy to understand that there are probably people out there who have a very, very strong need for sex that they have a difficult time managing in daily life.

However, do I believe that it's often used as an excuse for bad behavior?  Definitely.  I don't believe that everyone who cites that as the reason they made poor choices is being truthful.  NOR do I believe true sexual addiction should give anyone a free pass to commit sexual crimes any more than I think an alcoholic should be able to use his/her addiction as a reason to get out of a DUI offense

False

Does it exixt?    It may to some.  But, it takes two people to play the game. In my mind, I feel the women knew he was married to begin with.  Money talks again.

joe

False
    Never take a sleeping pill and a laxative at the same time.

I think it may exist, but has become an easy answer for anyone who is sleeping around and needs an excuse!

False

Oh...I thought it just came with the Y chromosome.

False
    Photobucketsm peace Photobucket

I think it might be difficult to be "addicted" to a behavior we're hardwired to exhibit.  Can we be addicted to breathing oxygen?

False

"Wear it home. It'll look like a dress."