Do you choke on certain foods? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Do you choke on certain foods?

Last post Feb 20, 2010 12:36 PM by bbwdreamsicle . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Do you choke on certain foods?
    • Ick! [+o(]

It never fails with me.  I always choke on grapes, french fries and raw carrots.  All of these textures are different, too.  Those are the only ones I choke on. 

I am eating some grapes right now and a small piece got stuck.  Since I know that I choke on these foods, I eat them especially slow so that I don't.  Doesn't work, still happens.

False

Everything is okay in the end, if it's not okay, then it's not the end.

• Re: Do you choke on certain foods?

I choke on rutabaga and rhubarb...but in the sense that I think they are nasty tasting and textured and my throat closes when I try to swallow the stuff. So really not the same choking to which you refer.

False

Raw carrots for me, too.  Also, hot peppers and almonds.

False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

Even though I love them, mozzarella sticks make me choke. Part of the cheese always gets stuck on the roof of my mouth while the other part is in my throat, like a rope. I eat them anyway, even though I fear for my life with every bite. Surprise

False

I'd have to say raw carrots top my list, too. Steak and corn on the cob have done it for me too. Things like the corn kernals, the raw carrot, etc anything that can get mealy and easily inhaled scares me.

I  have a general fear of choking, I have choked for real once and had my life saved, so I eat slowly and am almost always the last one out a group to finish.

I got choked up real good on broth once, and I swear I've choked on absolutely nothing before. LOL!

False

Rebecca

I am the same with corn on the cob, plus I do hate the feeling of the bits in my teeth....

But I cannot eat venison, the taste of it makes me choke and heave....dare not eat it again, especially at other peoples' house or out when eating, I try to force it down in lumps, and it makes me chokey...

I am also nervous of fish having bones in them, I once got a bone stuck in the back of my throat, finally got it out after eating lots of dry bread..very panickey!

False

Mirabelle____UK
    I am also nervous of fish having bones in them, I once got a bone stuck in the back of my throat, finally got it out after eating lots of dry bread..very panickey!

That happened to me when I was quite small.  It's one of my earliest childhood memories and it was one of those tiny herring bones.   The bread didn't work and after several days the doctor finally had to remove it with forceps!  To this day I search for any tiny bones in fish!

False

Anything stringy, which is only one of the reasons I hate okra.  Or slimy, ditto on the okra.  I once tried to eat solf-shell crab.  It was like eating fingernails.  Ugh!

False

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin

I choke on french fries, it always feels like they stick in my throat.  Steak is another food that I choke on, so when I eat steak, I eat it very slow.  Carrots are also something I choke on sometimes.

False

Raw veggies and canned tuna. The tuna tends to get stuck in my throat and sometimes in the place between the nose and throat so it feels like i have tuna in my nose.  I do like it though, I just have to make sure it is moistened thoroughly before eating it.

False