Some people have no consideration....rrr! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Some people have no consideration....rrr!

Last post Mar 23, 2010 5:02 PM by Callie123 . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Some people have no consideration....rrr!

I ordered furniture last week. IT is suppose to be delivered today. When I bought the furniture I asked when are you going to call to deliver it. We will call the day it will be delivered. They didn't want directions at the time, they would get it when they deliver.  Do you think anyone has called on a delivery time?NO! Most of the morning it gone already.  I just called the business. Guess what I got? A recording! Please leave your name and number and someone will get back to you later today or more tomorrow. I left a message, but was not thrilled that I had to leave a message after recieving a recording. Not knowing when they will absolutely recieve the message. I hate having to be in libo with not knowing when someone will come at who knows what time. What bugs me is I finally had a day of energy to get something done and I can't do anyting. Because you know when you have new furniture coming for one room, all the items in several other rooms have to be moved, to make a pathway for the new furniture to get through alright. Sorry for venting. But this not going to be a great day if they soon don't call.

It seems no one can give a straight time on when they are going to service or deliver any more. I know someone who ordered a new washer and they were given the same bull. The appliance people didn't know what time of day they would deliver. They would call the day near the time they were going to deliver. So the person had to wait all day to see when the delivery people would show up with the new washer.

Someone else got the same bull when they wanted to take their car to be repaired. The mechanic told them to call after lunch and he would see if his schedule opened up for them to bring it in.

Some people can set a time and some people have no inkling on when to tell someone with common courtesy when they will show up.

False
  • Re: Some people have no consideration....rrr!

That happened to me when I moved from a house to a condo. The movers never showed up on time and I couldn't get a real person to talk with. Finally, they called and said they couldn't find my house! I was really upset at that one. I had to be out of my house by 2PM and they showed up at about Noon.

It all worked out, but what a stressful day that was.

False

I understand your frustration!  I also unserstand that the delivery people can't pinpoint a time but it would be nice to at least ballpark it. 

Is the delivery free?  I haven't ordered anything to be delivered in a long time.  I have bought bigger pieces and we truck them ourselves and we get money off because of it.  Would it be worth investigating next time to ask for a discount for no delivery and then hiring someone to to do the delivery for you? 

Best of luck, hope it gets to you soon!

False

FourthTry
    I couldn't get a real person to talk with

I think it should be mandated that all businesses should have a real person to answer the phone when a customer needs help. It's a basic human right.

False

Put On A Happy Face

The place finally called a while ago. They gave a 4 hour span on when they may show up. Letting the rest of the day up in air on when to accomplish anything. I said can't you give me a sooner time then a 4 hour span. They finally needled it down to a 2 hour span.

I have had family members who have worked in the delivery business with what their companies would deliver. Some could give a narrowed time and some couldn't.

I have no one else to ask to pick up and deliver the furniture. The delivery was free because of what was all bought. If I wouldn't have added the one piece their would have been a delivery fee. I market shopped on what I bought. "IF" I would have had a truck and some muscles another place would have won out over the company I purchased the furniture from. The other companies deliver charge was outrageous for the price of the furniture. The other down fall about the furniture coming today is it's raining. So they better have an enclosed truck. Or it will be a refusual. If I would have had some family members picked it up.. which there is no one to ask..then it would have been a pickup. Which wouldn't have worked because of the rain coming down.

False

For us it is alway this way and I am sorry it happened to you.

False

Well,  have furniture being delivered on Friday, so I'm hoping it works out a little better.  Of course, they couldn't give me a time, I'm to call the store around 10 Friday Morning, to see about when they'll be delivering.  I may call Thurs. just to make sure I'm scheduled for Friday, and to see if I can work out that ours is the first delivery.

Have to mention this, though.  Yesterday, we had the chimney sweep scheduled to come out for our annual cleaning, and to give us an estimate on some other work we want done.  The time we were given was 11:00.  It got to be about 11:15, and sadly, I wasn't suprised that he hadn't shown up.  Then the phone rang, he apologised, said he was 5 minutes away and would be there in a few minutes.  I have to say, it went a long way to relieving my annoyance.  All it takes is a simple call.  And with furniture, there are usually 2 guys on the truck.  Can't one call, while the other drives?  Just to let you know if they've gotten held up someplace?

False