What can I use to clean my electric griddle? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What can I use to clean my electric griddle?

Last post Feb 16, 2014 1:28 PM by Joemon . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • What can I use to clean my electric griddle?

I have a Presto no-stick electric griddle.  I only use it for french toast, pancakes and fried mush.  The last time it was used, I didn't get to wash it right away after it cooled down.  Now in the center of the griddle there is narrow line about 5 inches by 1/3 inch of something gummy.  I've washed it over and over using Dawn dish soap on the area, but the stickiness still remains.  Any  cleaning suggestions?

Thanks    

False
  • Re: What can I use to clean my electric griddle?

Have you tried Easy Off oven cleaner? I've heard of people using it to clean stuck-on pans with success....

False

I'm not psycho.....I just like psychotic things.

Adria's World

Try baking soda before you put toxic chemicals on a surface where you cook food for your family.  Make a paste of baking soda and water, apply to the area, let sit for a while.  Then wipe with a non-abrasive cloth.  Baking soda is non-abrasive, it will generally remove that cooked on grease relatively easily, it's cheap, it kills germs--in other words, it's the first cleaner I reach for in the kitchen (and other rooms) for any tough cleaning jobs.

False

I wonder if WD40 would take it off?

False
    We have used our griddle to the max. I usually use my spatula to loosen up all the bits while it's still hot and wipe it down with a paper towel. I would suggest heating your griddle back up. Dip a paper towel into your dish washing liquid and place it on your griddle, use your spatula to gently rub the spot. If that doesn't work, try a bit of cooking oil...grill warmed up. I've only had mine for a year, so don't really know. That has worked for me.
    False

Click for Chama, New Mexico Forecast

Plain white vinegar is an excellent cleaner - try that if the other remedies don't work.

False

Thanks, I'll try some of these suggestions.

False

Don't know if you've cleaned it yet but I vote for the DAWN.  I have a glass stovetop and it will get scummy grease spots after frying sometimes in a skillet.  I'm talking totally burned on, think I'll need TNT to blast it off.  Soft scrub didn't work on it, soda with a scrubbie didn't work.  Out of desperation I just put a very thin coat of Dawn dish soap on it and let it set for several hours.  It just wiped right off.  So now I put it on while doing the dishes and then wipe it down a couple hours later.  Very effective.

False

Abbypuppy

Thanks, I'll try some of these suggestions.

Hope it works out, AbbyPuppy.  Keep us updated if you get a chance.  Smile

False

IdeaI just remembered something - DAWN makes a degreaser they call 'Power Dissolver' which works very well.   That sticky residue you have is most likely grease and that Power Dissolver should shift it easily.

False

Limey, I love that power dissolver but I can't find it in our stores anymore......can you still get it in Texas?  It's WONDERFUL stuff!

False

The problem seems to be solved.  I heated up the griddle again and when it cooled I scrubbed it  with Dawn dish soap and the residue seems to be gone. 

False
    The suggestion to use dried baking soda paste to clean my Presto griddle was fantastic. It looks brand new. The baking soda took all the oil and baked on food off the griddle. Thank you!
    False