Time and temp. for baking bacon? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Time and temp. for baking bacon?

Last post May 06, 2010 9:59 PM by cookingmama1 . 15 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12
  • Re: Time and temp. for baking bacon?

400 degrees.  Crumple up some foil and line a baking pan with sides. Or you use cooling racks inside the baking pan also. I like that method because the grease cooks away from the bacon. Lay the bacon in strips on the foil. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the bacon is done to your liking. For extra crispy bacon you might have to go a couple of minutes longer.

False

Summer:  I put mine in the middle of the oven, on broil.

Depending on the oven maybe 5-10 minutes.

Drain.

And there you go  Big Smile

False

CharlesR_female

Summer:  I put mine in the middle of the oven, on broil.

Depending on the oven maybe 5-10 minutes.

Drain.

And there you go  Big Smile

I've never tried broiling Bacon, Charlie.  I'll be giving it a try next time, though.  Thanks! Smile

False

My daughter puts it on parchment paper and it absorbs the grease.

False

Parchment paper is a great idea!

I bake mine in the oven at 375 for approximately 30 minutes.

False

My sis-in-law was cooking bacon in the oven,  it caught on fire and did extensive damage.  The oven was electric.  I guess the grease popped out onto the heating element.  Not sure if she was baking or broiling it.

False

JustCookin_AL

My sis-in-law was cooking bacon in the oven,  it caught on fire and did extensive damage.  The oven was electric.  I guess the grease popped out onto the heating element.  Not sure if she was baking or broiling it.

I was going to ask, why would anyone want to cook bacon in the oven - kinda messy and greasy.  Not to mention fire danger.  I just freeze beacon uncooked and use what I need.

False

Cactusflower_CA

JustCookin_AL

I was going to ask, why would anyone want to cook bacon in the oven - kinda messy and greasy.  Not to mention fire danger.  I just freeze beacon uncooked and use what I need.

FWIW, I've never had any problems baking bacon in my Electric/Convection oven.  It's a lot less messy, too.

And, if by some chance my oven *does* get a little sloppy and/or greasy, I just run the Self-Clean Oven mode.  Wink  

False

The only time I had a problem with splattering, etc. is when I used 400 or 425 degrees, which is why I reduced the temp to 375.  It's not messy and the bacon drippings just drip through the rack onto the foil, which I drain and keep for other uses.

It's faster, of course, to cook it at higher temps, but it created smoking and splattering in my oven.

False

And IMHO it's the only way to cook bacon!  No shrinkage, no curling up :)

False

Ah ha!  I shall try it.  Can you cook it in a toaster oven also?

ps - I don't run the self cleaner option on my oven much.  It heats up the house to much in this climate and sucks lots of energy.

False

We have not pan fried bacon for many many years!  Oven method is so easy and fuss free! We do ours at about 350 degrees for about 20 min.  You need to keep and eye on it, depends on the thickness of the bacon too... so check it ever so often and enjoy!

Molly 

False

We buy the Oscar Mayer Center Cut bacon, and it usually is rather thin, so I'm not sure oven cooking would work.  I would like for us to cook bacon like that, because hubby is rather a messy cook, lol.

False